When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hook bead tires

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Can I use hookbead tires on a schwinn Tubular rim?
I think you may have terms confused?

Tubular constructed rims and rims that take tubular type tires are two different things. I dont think any Schwinn built rims were for a tubular type tire, but schwinn built rims were of tubular construction.

Hooked bead or clencher tires typiclly use inner tubes and work on hooked bead rims. (Rims without a hooked bead are made for clencher tires and are called staright side rims. Like the old triple step stright side balloon tire rims. Tires on these rims are known to pop off due to the lack of a hook for the bead to seat into)

Tubular tires are one tire/tube in one and are glued to the rim. (Typically used in racing type applications)

Schwinn rims were called tubular rims in their advertising because they were made from a tubular shaped piece of metal in a set of dies. Has nothing to do with tubular tires. Some Schwinn rims are even stamped tubular. Roger
Read all about them tubular rims here. https://www.sheldonbrown.com/chicago-schwinns.html
Yes, this is what I was pointing out. The OP asked if hooked bead tires can be used on a Schwinn tubular rim.

All Schwinn built rims were hooked bead type rims and of tubular construction. The answer to his question is yes, if his terminology is correct.

I was clarifying that there is another tire type called tubular tires, and they are completely different thing than a tubular rim in the sense of construction, as the rims tubular tires use have no "hook" and the tires are glued on the rim.

Back