When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hoping for some insight on a elusive bike. A.R. Adams Diamond.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

palepainter

Finally riding a big boys bike
So, I grew up in a small town just outside of Erie, PA. When I was 14, I purchased a Schwinn Traveler from A.R. Adams in Erie. They were the local Schwinn dealer. I ran across this badge on eBay some time ago. I have been researching what I could find out there on the net, with no luck. Today I reached out to A.R Adams , and the family that may have had some insight, has long since passsed. I am trying hard to find one of these bikes as a bit of home town sentiment. Or perhaps find the frame manufacturer of the line. I’m not sure if Schwinn was rebranding for them as well. Really hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction of a bike or possible information to help me find a frame for the badge.

The bike would have been built by Schwinn and rebranded by the dealer. You could just find a badge, get the bike you like, and ride on! V/r Shawn

I live in Cranesville south of Girard, I go to yard sales and auctions all around Erie so I will look for a Diamond bike for you. If they were sold in Erie there has to be some still around. Do you remember if they were 10 speeds, middle weights, muscle, mountain, 20,24, or 26 in. We moved here in 86 right after the tornados in Albion.

Last edited:
I live in Cranesville south of Girard, I go to yard sales and auctions all around Erie so I will look for a Diamond bike for you. If they were sold in Erie there has to be some still around. Do you remember if they were 10 speeds, middle weights, muscle, mountain, 20,24, or 26 in. We moved here in 86 right after the tornados in Albion.
I have yet to see one in person. I suspect they were before my time in the shop there as a kid. I took a city bus to the store with the cash I earned working a farm in Northeast all summer. Rode my new bike home. They carried the Schwinn and Takara line at that time if my memory serves me.

I ran across this badge some times ago, finally pulled the trigger and the adventure begins.

Last edited:
Back