When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horizontal Springs Saddle-Seat Lobdell

-
I have often found myself asking this very same question. Being curious and without answers I have gone ahead and purchased the particular items and then found them to be lacking. This I did with a Schwinn Pogo Saddle which turned into an expensive mistake. I struggled to like it but it wasn't for me so I sold it. The person who bought it was well aware of its shortcomings and listed them for me during the transaction. The odd part of it all is I was never able to find anyone prior to this time who had any satisfactory answers.
As to horizontal spring saddles I have heard that they are not so durable especially the early ones. I would like to have one to try but it's not ever going to happen.

The first edition ones were breaking at the tip of the nose I believe. The redesign had reinforcement in that area. That's about all I know about them. Had my hand on one, but never on a bike since it was in need of restore before trying to sit on it.

It's different... definitely not as comfortable as any long spring I've ever rifden on. If they weren't original equipment on high end bikes they probably wouldn't be desirable..

Love the looks of them, but they do feel awkward to ride. Feel like I’m falling off the side when I lean one way or the other.
DA68FECE-A394-42B5-872F-BAC9E6F7949C.jpeg

Back