When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hornet seats

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
did the ballooner and middleweight hornets take the same seats? any pics? thanks

first answer fromsomeone whodoesnt know!!

But I do. Just messed up my post and then had to go to the bathroom. ;)

Not the same.

1959_06.jpg

Technically, the 55 hornet is a balloon with S-2's but, the frame is like a 50/50 as the fenders are not as wide as previous models prior to 54 or so, but have different seat than 57's. And incidentally, came with both sizes of sprockets, as shown 52, and smaller standard 48 tooth.

1955-schwinn-deluxe-hornet-jpg.jpg

thanks for the info,i have a 55 with rhe nattow fenders and s2 rims,kinda different,maby they were using up the rims,seat looks like a ballooner panther,also have a 58 canti that i think should have a lower end s seat,just wasnt sure!

Both model 55 Hornets were ballooners but the 1956 standard Hornet was middleweight and the Deluxe remained a balloon. For 1957 and 58 both Hornet models were middleweights. Then in 59 both the Hornet's seat was changed to what is pictured in my post above.

Back