When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot rodding my Schwinn Black Phantom

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jgsb1966

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hot rodding on a budget? I swapped a wheelset from another bike of mine, so these are lighter aluminum rims, freshly greased bearings (both wheels and bottom bracket), smoother/softer compound tires, put a smaller rear sprocket (20T instead of 22T), a new chain (which should have less resistance) and a different set of pedals until I can rebuild the originals. Thinking she should roll pretty quick now. And no worries, all the original parts have been set aside for now.
IMG_20221003_184735182_HDR.jpg

Hot rodding on a budget? I swapped a wheelset from another bike of mine, so these are lighter aluminum rims, freshly greased bearings (both wheels and bottom bracket), smoother/softer compound tires, put a smaller rear sprocket (20T instead of 22T), a new chain (which should have less resistance) and a different set of pedals until I can rebuild the originals. Thinking she should roll pretty quick now. And no worries, all the original parts have been set aside for now.View attachment 1706264
I love it! Could I ask you where you purchased that wheel set? I am looking for the same for a 1964 Murray/JC Higgins “rider”.

thank you

Back