When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about Huffy bicycles.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

blackhawknj

Look Ma, No Hands!
My mileage champion is a Huffy Bay Pointe-over 8,000 miles. Brooks B-66 saddle. A little more maintenance than my others, not excessive IMHO. had to replace both pedals, they seized up. At 4,000 miles, overhauled the bottom bracket-one of the bearing cages broke. At about 4800 I re-laced the hubs Into a nice pair of Sun rims, first outing, took five minutes off my ride. On my second rear wheel, the first-a Shimano 3.3.3. hub-broke, I note than Sheldon Brown and John Allen didn't speak too well of them, not meant for us heftier Made in the USA riders (I am a 200 pounder). If this one goes I will build a new wheel with a SA hub-in fact I already have an SA trigger on it, got tired of those cheap Shimano ones. And I expect to get another 8,000 miles out it.

I was not aware that a Sturmey trigger would shift a 3.3.3. I thought the cable pull ratio was different.

I have encountered no problems with shifting, it is an older late 1950s SA trigger. At Via Bicycle in Philadelphia I was told there is an adopter available.

Back