When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How are bicycle sales in your area? It’s CRAZY!

-

partsguy

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Good morning folks,

Has anyone else been to the big box stores or a bike shop lately? It’s been crazy. It took me two months to find a USED bike trailer for my family, I finally got one yesterday. It was not the brand I wanted but it is decent and I am happy to have it. Several deals fell through because I was not quick enough. The big box stores are out, and our local bike shop cannot even obtain NEW ones from the manufacturers. Forget used trade-in’s. Last year, they were at every other garage sale for $20, going rate is $100, more if they are jogging combos.

I walk by the bikes at Walmart and Meijer because I can’t help but look at the die-cast. They are all picked clean. It is so bad that store employees are not even waiting for the assemblers to come, they’re just dropping the unopened cartons on the sales floor.

I picked up a take-off seat at the bike shop yesterday for my ‘84 Columbia Charger that I will be selling. Their wall-to-wall bike rack was totally EMPTY, except for the really high end bikes ($3,500 and up). It was bad before, the last couple of months, as I came to get boxes and other small parts. They said yesterday that business has never been so good, but now they have trouble keeping stuff in stock to sell! The Walmart bikes from above have kept their service and assembly work full too.

When I decided to let my ‘63 Huffy Avanti go to a loving home, I had about 10 Facebook messages within a night. I sold it for my price in an hour and I was wondering if I should have asked another $100. Rare model or not I was shocked to sell it so fast.

I’ll have some old roadies for sale soon, so this will get interesting.

How is the market where you live? Is it as nuts as it is here?!

Wally world near Toledo Ohio was sold out of bikes too and most tv's
db8b06847ef8417188bdde4f7f62ed26.jpg
704e527fe4b918f69a584480557b2d46.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think one of the reasons the TVs and bikes are gone is because they are made in China and probably not importing as much. It would be good to see manufacturing return to the US but people wanting $40 an hour to work on the line ain’t gonna cut it. We’ll see...V/r Shawn

Back