When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how can one not like restos

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
IMG_2610.JPG
All original from the original owner!!!!! I like both original and restore!!!!

Imagine if you will, you got a 1953 step-side Pickup (don't know what made me come up with that, but bear with me), and you go take that old rusty truck and get it restored to showroom condition! All your time and energy that went into restoring that old truck should give you a sense of pride and accomplishment, knowing that you not only rescued it, but made it pretty again!

By the way, I do have plans to restore my 1964 Typhoon, so I can pass it down to my nephew one day. I plan to keep it as original as possible - no "new" (Made In China) parts will be allowed! NOS parts only! Just my strict guidelines that I go by.

Imagine if you will, you got a 1953 step-side Pickup (don't know what made me come up with that, but bear with me), and you go take that old rusty truck and get it restored to showroom condition! All your time and energy that went into restoring that old truck should give you a sense of pride and accomplishment, knowing that you not only rescued it, but made it pretty again!

By the way, I do have plans to restore my 1964 Typhoon, so I can pass it down to my nephew one day. I plan to keep it as original as possible - no "new" (Made In China) parts will be allowed! NOS parts only! Just my strict guidelines that I go by.

o5w85y.jpg

It was restored by the local GM dealer to 1946 standards
including the
straight 6 stove-bolt engine.
It was to be his recreational toy. Owner took it for a spin to nearby city.
To make a long story short, the owner was not comfortable with
1946 features!
I became the owner soon after.
I added some original features and kept it..."as is".
The next thing I need to do is change all four tires.
This work truck was not meant to have whitewalls.

Last edited:
Generally speaking, I personally do not care for a restored bike, they don't really do anything for me, and would never restore one myself. I generally only collect bikes with pretty decent original paint, because that is what I like. Although I do have a couple that have heavier patina than the others.

However there are some restored bikes that make me say "WOW!" because they are truly amazing. (For example the black and red C model or the Roadmaster that are a couple posts above, I literally said WOW when I saw them.)

Bottom line is, do whatever floats your boat and makes YOU happy.

Back