When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How can you "spiffy" up a bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sevenhills1952

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Regarding paint.
I have a Roadmaster and I R&R/clean-lubed crank and chain. Paint is good for 50+ years old, however there are some bad spots. I don't want patina, I'd like to fix and repaint i.e. touch up those areas.
How do you guys do it? It's metallic orange. Thanks.
6cabf23acd65c6677d7b3112846742a8.jpg
5b21ff1cf3646fca63c53c92519a0712.jpg
44edc4d7d3e13d2b6ed01bcd715a06ad.jpg
2926e5cf81cc8f6b43732d9c5d9d518a.jpg

Sent from my Bell candlestick

Looks like a red to me. More than likely Flamboyant Red that is a two step paint job with a silver base coat and then a Candy or translucent red shot over the silver. Try your favorite Walgreens or Walmart for some fingernail polish if you're just doing some small spots. Finger nail polish comes in a hundred different shades of red. No matter what you use, the touch up will still be noticeable.

Listen carefully to what they say. It's all true , at least from my perspective . Sometimes I try a very small amount of light oil on rough spots ( mostly the rusted areas) that can help take your eye away from looking at those areas . Just a thought. Nice bike by the way. :p

Back