When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Common are 1910 to 1920's bikes to find restore or build?

• Thread starter grey3speedfrmeuro
  • Start date
-
G

grey3speedfrmeuro

How Common are 1910 to 1920's bikes to find restore or build?

Is there another source than Ebay? Would I be way off in posting on Craigs List for one?

Interested in either restoring or modifying a basket case older bicycle from this era. Since the weather is so dry I am not looking to make a wooden rim bike would like a source for metal rims.

Would love a Harley Davidson (wich I understand was only a licensed name made by several other companies not all of witch were bicycle manufacturers)

Would consider other bike makers like Pope, Westfield, Columbia, Elgin, Colson etc. Are they affordable to buy? Are metal clincher rims available or would i need to convert to 2. 125 rims?

Not so much interested in Schwinn unless they are affordable and are an adult size to ride.

Since I live in Southern Arizona I dont have a budget to go to shows in California.

Got to one Collectors show in South Western Washingon in Sept. 2008 just as the exhibitors were leaving.

We have fantastic riding weather here in southern Arizona not sure why I havent heard of any bike meets here.

Back