When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Common are 1910 to 1920's bikes to restore or build?

• Thread starter grey3speedfrmeuro
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I will keep watch on Ebay sounds like a good source for Pre 1933 bikes.

Now, for 28 inch tires, dosent Uniroyal Tire company (do I have the correct spelling?) have some for aprox 100 dollars each all, white, red or black? As for Rims not sure does the group in Grand Rapids, OH have them in 28 in?

Love that Indian bicycle you have. I grew up in and around Springfield,MA
Every year there is a show of Indian Motorcycle enthusists that show up to a small Indian Motorcycle Musuem to swap parts etc. Every once and a while I would see a bike.
Should have bought one in the 1980's when I had the chance.....

Museum is gone. Esther got too old. Some stuff is in the city museum now..

6 August 2010

Fine early bike, looks like an Iver-Johnson just dont know though? Are all parts original to the bike? Did you ever meet the Actor-Collector Steve Mc Q.? There at the Indian Motorcycle event? Do you have advice on any good refrence books on bikes 1880's to 1940's era on the New England and Tri State Area bike makers including chapters on chainless bikes?

Thanks......

That Arch Bar frame is a Columbia that I am going to make into an Indian racer. Yes, I know that racers didnt have a truss front fork but I like the looks. I never met Steve Mc Queen but saw a lot of his bikes in Magazines and a lot of hype about them. I have a lot of reference books but nothing specific about New England makers except Columbia and chainless tech info is quite rare.
6 August 2010

Fine early bike, looks like an Iver-Johnson just dont know though? Are all parts original to the bike? Did you ever meet the Actor-Collector Steve Mc Q.? There at the Indian Motorcycle event? Do you have advice on any good refrence books on bikes 1880's to 1940's era on the New England and Tri State Area bike makers including chapters on chainless bikes?

Thanks......

Have to ask you about the red Indian Bicycle that was restored. Not sure which model, maker or year but I thought that the front fairing was different on this bike. I have seen a wider fatter lower area curved in ward rear skirt detail they usually riveted or screwed on a mud flap also to the rear of this flaired feature.

re: kunzog, Hey who makes that blue frame? I have the same exact frame with no headbadge, I just aquired. Mine has a clincher style crank housing with 2 bolts that tighten to the crank? I have just a bare frame and i'm looking for help with the crank assembly. I want to rebuild it with the proper era parts and hopefully steel clad 28" wood wheels, but i'd like to ride it also on cruises so maybe that isn't the best choice for wheels? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Chris

Have to ask you about the red Indian Bicycle that was restored. Not sure which model, maker or year but I thought that the front fairing was different on this bike. I have seen a wider fatter lower area curved in ward rear skirt detail they usually riveted or screwed on a mud flap also to the rear of this flaired feature.

That Indian was built around 1925 by Columbia. Around 1921 Indian stopped using the skirted fenders.

The blue arch frame was made by Columbia in the early teens. It originally had a 2 piece split crank but was unusable and I never could find another so I am putting in an open "split bracket" like yours has. Indian shows it in their 1916 catalogue. It has to be split or open at the bottom because the crank hanger is too small diameter for the crank arm to go into. Those parts are very hard to find.
re: kunzog, Hey who makes that blue frame? I have the same exact frame with no headbadge, I just aquired. Mine has a clincher style crank housing with 2 bolts that tighten to the crank? I have just a bare frame and i'm looking for help with the crank assembly. I want to rebuild it with the proper era parts and hopefully steel clad 28" wood wheels, but i'd like to ride it also on cruises so maybe that isn't the best choice for wheels? Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Chris

Back