When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I know the value of my bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lanis

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello!

I have a 1969 Mod Rod. Made by Brentwood in Japan. She is in excellent shape and have had some offers on it.

What I'd like to know is who is the trusted source to value this bike. She is in mint condition, no rust, all original parts. I last licenced her in 1972 as per the photo.

Photos are included to let you know how she looks.

20190826_144653.jpg

20190826_144710.jpg

20190826_144826.jpg

20190826_144842.jpg

20190826_144907(0).jpg

20190826_144854.jpg

20190826_144901.jpg

Tough call, I've never seen one before, though typical style of the era. Normally we'd say see what they're bringing on ebay, but you'd have to find one! The Raleigh Chopper is about the closest in appearance. That might give you a ballpark idea.

The obscurity and origin of the brand might not play into your favor. That said, it’s a desirable color, and looks to be in top notch condition. If I were a muscle bike collector, this would be a must have for me. The frame is a cool shape, it’s got a slick, and I love the seat and sissy bar. It also appears to be well made.

Cool ride. It's an obscure make and style. I'm a Canuck too. ( in my experience) Most American ( hard core) collectors shy away from non American bicycles as the parts and information are sketchy at best. That limits buyers. There are fewer "collectors" in Canada, just based on lower population for one. Lets just say our bicycles( imported or locally manufactured) were generally more conservative than our American neighbours in the balloon tire era ( mid/late 30's to 60's). We had a more generic basic frame with little as far as "trim and gadgets", where U.S. bikes replicated motorcycles then space ships!! We could probably ride faster on our lightweight racers, but they LOOKED faster! Ha!!

Part of the fun of collecting is the history of a bicycle. That said, not everyone collects mainstream brands/history. Muscle bikes ( 1960's-1970's) is a category that is especially popular with Baby Boomers now as they grew up on these "hot rods/mod rods". You just need to find the right buyer, probably locally is the best. ( shipping can be a pain/damage paint etc. unless done professionally or an experienced person) It's easier to start at a higher price than you are willing to accept, because you can always reduce the price or take offers. The sentimental value you hold may not carry to a prospective buyer.

The history of these Hardware store units is hit and miss, but in the U.S.A. the bikes were "usually" made by one of several of the main U.S.A. manufacturing companies. Canada was much the same in the early years, but more into the 1960's, both countries seemed to import more and more from Japan, the U.K. ,Taiwan, etc.( then yuk...China). Again...most of the early bikes in Canada ( CCM, Sunshine, Sekine, Norco to name some) were actually made in Canada or British ( U.K) imports . examples include to name several: Raleigh, BSA, Triumph, Rudge, Royal Enfield etc. made bicycles. I'm no expert, but I hope this helps. More info than you asked for, but hopefully it's interesting for someone. Anyone can feel free to add or correct my comments. Cheers, and good luck with your bike sale. It's a beauty!

Last edited:
Apparently they were sold in the 1960’s-1970’s at a Woolco Department store up in your neck of the woods. I see they made a ten speed called a Hustler. Cool model name...Rod Rod.
Hi - that is exactly where I bought it. Where did you find that information? Would like to find more. Looking at the photos what value would you put on it?

Tough call, I've never seen one before, though typical style of the era. Normally we'd say see what they're bringing on ebay, but you'd have to find one! The Raleigh Chopper is about the closest in appearance. That might give you a ballpark idea.
Thank you for your reply! I will track the bike you suggested and see what it is selling for.
Lanis

The obscurity and origin of the brand might not play into your favor. That said, it’s a desirable color, and looks to be in top notch condition. If I were a muscle bike collector, this would be a must have for me. The frame is a cool shape, it’s got a slick, and I love the seat and sissy bar. It also appears to be well made.

Thank you - it is all of those things!

I have had a few offers around 400 - do you think that is reasonable?

Lanis

Back