When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I list parts that I want to sell on CABE but don't know their value ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

levinll

Look Ma, No Hands!
I purchased many items at the house of a bicycle collector and among them are a few small boxes of various bicycle related parts.

I am not a bicycle collector, but thanks to CABE I've been able to gleam information on a few items i am selling on Ebay.

These "leftover" pars I would like to sell together, but have no idea what I have, and what is a fair price for them.

What forum am I allowed to post pictures of items to ascertain
20200419_112642.jpg
20200419_112706.jpg
20200419_112710.jpg
their value ?

It depends. One may do some market research, ask around, or guess at the value.
It also depends on the seller’s objectives - is a profit expected from loose piece parts, or is the seller just trying to get rid of them, without throwing them away; and is the seller in any great hurry, or does the seller like to see items listed for years until that proverbial ‘rich California dentist and part-time bike collector’ buys the item.
As far as loose parts go, some sell individually, or group by category, and others by the whole lot; lots are okay until the shipping becomes too prohibitive.

A price is a number; a request for offers is different than a price.
On a regular computer workstation, the how to sell thread is often seen near the top of the main page.

I would suggest a starting price maybe about 10% of your combined total eBay price plus shipping, and plus taxes, for the post war girls bent Rollfast fork. The price may be lowered if it does not sell.

Last edited:
I've gotten a lot of help from members of the forum. I'm ok selling these for below market value.

I'm looking to sell all of them to one person.

I've previously tried to sell these on the "sell your stuff" forum, but since I don't know what they are worth, my Best Offer listing price caused the post to be removed.

They say that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", but are these worth $100 ? $50 ? $25 ?

Thank you for your time and effort.

I'm seeing a lot of misc hardware that looks like the used parts bin of an old bike shop. Depending on the condition of the parts its always usefuly to have some of this stuff around when servicing an old bike. I'm seeing hub and seat hardware. Is that all of it? If so I'd try $40 shipped provided you can get everything in a small flat rate box (About $8). If it takes a medium flat rate box it is about $15 shipping). Thats jus my 2c. Of course you could always try $75/offer--your call. V/r Shawn

I agree, looks like a lot of stuff we all end up with. Unless someone sees something that they really need, if I were to offer, it would be in the single digits.

Back