When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you avoid accessories that just don't work?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Mechanically, it wasn’t going to work - nor, for that matter, is the one that I put on there - a basic Schwinn. That doesn’t bother me one bit. The speedometer is there for aesthetics, at least for me.

Imagine the the plastic tabs have been shaved off and there isn’t a massive mess. I think that it could really work, at just the right angle. However, I hadn’t thought about how much it would encroach on my knees. As for option 2, it almost works.

View attachment 1306175

View attachment 1306176

Please understand: I am not saying that they work, just that that was my vision.
You could build a frame or mount and put it in the bars.

5-6 years back I got a wild hair up my rear and started bidding on bicycle accessory "lots" on the ebay. Like boxes filled with grips, headlights, streamers, reflectors etc. After winning about 2-3 times I realized after a while why no one was fighting me over them. Lol I ended up overloaded with cheap Bell nonsense and middle-weight stuff and ended up selling most of it off to a friend with the exception of some crash rails and some odds and ends. Ive learned to stay off ebay when I get a case of the big eyes.

Yup, Display shelf is the answer, I have several shelves of mistakes! Hell, I just bought a 2 speed shifter and pully with no bike to put it on...Going straight to the display cab and waiting for that special project./..or it will just look cool as hell SITTING THERE!

Back