When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you determine the date of Schwinn forks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rideahiggins

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Is there any way to figure out the year of a Schwinn fork? There are numbers stamped under the fork crown B17 and 16.

on the inside of the bottom of the left fork leg by the axle there should be number an a letter and number=year and month

Is there any way to figure out the year of a Schwinn fork? There are numbers stamped under the fork crown B17 and 16.

It depends on the type of fork and the time period. I assume you're talking about a ashtabula blade fork since you mentioned a crown? The chrome fork crown on the blade fork started with the 1959 models. In the 60's for some time the dates were stamped on the inside of the left fork leg just above the axle slot with just two or three digits depending on the month. Later down the road I'm not sure if these forks had a date code on them, but some of the lightweight forks did. Starting with the 1966 models Schwinn upgraded the steer tube gauge so the ID got smaller and the stem diameter was smaller. I believe this is when the stems showed up with markings and possibly the forks too.

Back