When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you mount a rear crate?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

deathcrow76

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm wanting to mount a Dr. Pepper crate that I have to my rear bike rack. I'm wanting to be able to quickly remove it and not have anything left on the rack (no hardware or holes). How do you guys keep your crates, baskets, or boxes on your rear bike rack? I'd love to see pictures of how you did and what materials are needed. As always thanks for the help!

No pictures now but I just use 4 bolts with big washers & big rubber washer thru holes in rack, I cut a inner tube for a strip to protect paint, if no holes in rack or the don't line up I run a couple of metal flat stock strips with bolt running up outside of rack. Good luck

Plumbers tape wraps around different shapes easily and has holes for screws the whole length. Bend it double for strength and cushion with rubber as already mentioned.

Reusable zip ties work and are easy to remove. There are also large twist ties made that I see in Menards harware departments end cap. Roger

Duct tape works the best. It works on everything.

Lets get with the ball game here. Zip ties replaced duct tape years ago. Event the HVAC guys us zip ties on flex duct.
smilielol5.gif

If you don't mind a little modification to the crate.
You could attach a couple of 1" dimensional wood strips like forming stakes, under the crate, that just captures the sides of the bicycle rack.
Then using the same type of material, make a cross piece that will bridge across the bottom of the rack.
Drill two holes through each side where the pieces cross, and then use a carriage bolt and wing nut to clamp the crate to the rack.
The bolt holes would be on each side of the crate and not penetrating through any part of the rack.
image.jpeg

Hopefully this crude drawing helps explain the idea.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Back