When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you store your wheels?

-
chainguardchainraleigh002_zpsc87ef404.jpg

2 wheels will hang from 1 hook when attached to a frame and fork :D
I usually attach loose wheels to frames to get stuff off the ground, but when there are no frames handy or for rims/tires :

View attachment 433523

Conduit in the garage

I do the same although I still have more tires that I need to do the same thing.
I tell myself as soon as the weather gets better.
I know this year I will....at least...I hope! :(
210apnd.jpg

Thanks for all the ideas. Tinkers idea struck a cord and seemed promising for my application. I built a few up and they worked out perfect. Not an out of place wheel or tire in the shop.
3757335d577f7c35d528d307266c4f3c.jpg
e769d7f2e3c6b389678bca9cbb58327b.jpg
Looking good. I use a version similar to Tinker's,I use 12" shelf brackets and screw a piece of wood to it .Easy to stick them on the wall .I have them all over the place ,would still love to have a dedicated area to keep them all together...similar to the tire racks in the old service stations.

IMG_3988.JPG

One of my wheel storage areas. 12 wheels per 5 feet. Staggered hooks for tighter spacing by having axles offset from each other.
View attachment 435466 View attachment 435467
Great idea,i think I will give it a try. I like the idea of offset hooks,that will gain some room. Axles lining up was one thing that bugged me about my system,along with the fact that I had to remove rims/tires to get to what I needed.

HMm gonn
GEDC1327.JPG
a have to try some of these wheel solutions its getting out of hand seriously we have them falling all over the place and stacked on nearly all the surfaces

Just getting back into bikes has presented storage issues. Bikes seem to just follow me home! This thread has presented me with some good ideas.

Back