When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you warn/notify walkers on a bike trail/ride?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
why do you feel the need to disrespect roadies? I'll never understand why vintage people here seem to dislike people who do not ride slow like they do. "passing on the left" is just common courtesy, though I don't use it since it causes people to move.
Have you driven around Spring and The Woodlands TX? We dont have "respectful" roadbike guys....
We have the ones who block whole lanes of traffic and curse at you when you need to pass. I saw one kick the fender of a car at a redlight not too long ago. Its not the bike....its the rider in most cases.

Have you driven around Spring and The Woodlands TX? We dont have "respectful" roadbike guys....
We have the ones who block whole lanes of traffic and curse at you when you need to pass. I saw one kick the fender of a car at a redlight not too long ago. Its not the bike....its the rider in most cases.
by law people on bicycles are entitled to as much road as we need. if you get a ticket on your bike it goes on your driving record. I personally stomped in the door of lady who thinks as you do and roadies do not belong on the road. there was 20 of us in a paceline on a back road and she rode by a foot from us blasting the horn. keyed another car that almost hit me. a friend lost his leg and another guy was killed by a stupid lady who thought the same way while they were doing the same thing. been a cyclist for 45 years and have seen it all. most people in cars have no brains in their head and just do not know what to do when cyclists are on the road.

by law people on bicycles are entitled to as much road as we need. if you get a ticket on your bike it goes on your driving record. I personally stomped in the door of lady who thinks as you do and roadies do not belong on the road. there was 20 of us in a paceline on a back road and she rode by a foot from us blasting the horn. keyed another car that almost hit me. a friend lost his leg and another guy was killed by a stupid lady who thought the same way while they were doing the same thing. been a cyclist for 45 years and have seen it all. most people in cars have no brains in their head and just do not know what to do when cyclists are on the road.
When I ride my bike on roadways (and I do pretty much mostly)...I watch for cars, stay on sidewalks or near the edge of the road and generally try to ride with respect for the people on the road because its just common decency. I may have the right of way legally, but alot of good that does me when Im dead.
Respect goes both ways.

This is one of those subjects I could talk about all day honestly...but at the end of the day, we're both strong in our opinions and at that point its less constructive and more of a tennis match with no winner.

On subject:
Generally if I have my 55 I will ding the bell, but most times I will pass when I can as far outside the people as I can to be respectful. If I cant pass, I will make some kind of noise to let them know someone is here if the squeaks havent already done that.

I tend to avoid bike paths (at least during peak usage), unless I'm with the kids. I use a bell and slow way down. Wait to pass, if I have to. "On your-" whatever seems like a Fred move. At the end of the day, do what works, and keeps the most vulnerable trail users (pedestrians, kids, pets) safe.

My problem with roadies is the spandex and holier than thou attitude. Gross and not cool! Perfect example is the Rolling Relics San Francisco ride. Every time we’ve crossed the golden gate there’s some speeding roadies screaming at everyone to lookout. There is a bicycle speed limit on the bridge, but it apparently doesn’t apply to them. Last time one of them hit a kid on a bike. Didn’t even slow down to look to see if they were ok. Just sped off. Well the last person in their speed group took it hard after the father knocked them down. Everyone should ride respectfully. If you think your more righteous than a car? You’ll probably end up dead! I always ride against the curb, if I can. I trust no one!

My problem with roadies is the spandex and holier than thou attitude. Gross and not cool! Perfect example is the Rolling Relics San Francisco ride. Every time we’ve crossed the golden gate there’s some speeding roadies screaming at everyone to lookout. There is a bicycle speed limit on the bridge, but it apparently doesn’t apply to them. Last time one of them hit a kid on a bike. Didn’t even slow down to look to see if they were ok. Just sped off. Well the last person in their speed group took it hard after the father knocked them down. Everyone should ride respectfully. If you think your more righteous than a car? You’ll probably end up dead! I always ride against the curb, if I can. I trust no one!

see what I mean? more hate for fellow cyclists. probably a bunch of collectors riding slow and taking up the whole pathway on the bridge while yip yapping about where to stop for lunch.

Back