When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you warn/notify walkers on a bike trail/ride?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
For those of you who are using bells.... What brand/type are you using?

I bought a couple, one is a Crane (really nice) I got that for the 61 Speedster The other is an incredibell-type, although probably not a real one. It is tiny and has a teeter-totter type ringer that allowed me to mount it under the bar on the 81 Raceline. On the second ride that one scattered parts all over the trail and I never found all of them. I still don't have anything on the 41 Schwinn.

Recommendations welcome.....

by law people on bicycles are entitled to as much road as we need. if you get a ticket on your bike it goes on your driving record. I personally stomped in the door of lady who thinks as you do and roadies do not belong on the road. there was 20 of us in a paceline on a back road and she rode by a foot from us blasting the horn. keyed another car that almost hit me. a friend lost his leg and another guy was killed by a stupid lady who thought the same way while they were doing the same thing. been a cyclist for 45 years and have seen it all. most people in cars have no brains in their head and just do not know what to do when cyclists are on the road.
I feel for you, losing a friend and another losing his leg. That's awful. A friend of mine ended up in the hospital with a head injury and broken bones when he was hit from behind, in the bike lane. Yes, he was wearing a helmet, or it could have been fatal. I was t-boned by a truck in an intersection and broke my collar bone so severely it had to be pinned, plus inner ear damage caused a 60% hearing loss in my left ear. I know it's easy to lose it when it comes to bad drivers, but please use your head and try not to kick a door in or key a car. I live in a city where some people aren't wrapped too tight and they're ready to blow. You can find yourself facing a gun or a gang. If you have a phone, use the camera, get a license number and a description, then turn it over to the police.

For those of you who are using bells.... What brand/type are you using?

I bought a couple, one is a Crane (really nice) I got that for the 61 Speedster The other is an incredibell-type, although probably not a real one. It is tiny and has a teeter-totter type ringer that allowed me to mount it under the bar on the 81 Raceline. On the second ride that one scattered parts all over the trail and I never found all of them. I still don't have anything on the 41 Schwinn.

Recommendations welcome.....
I have 3 different bells. One is a "Bell", one is a Schwinn Ding-dong, and the last one is one I got from @southbayron here on theCabe. Not sure of the name.

I really like the wheel bell one continues ring or a shocker for doggies

E286A95A-6AA2-47FC-98A9-5875E4CBEFA7.jpeg

I feel for you, losing a friend and another losing his leg. That's awful. A friend of mine ended up in the hospital with a head injury and broken bones when he was hit from behind, in the bike lane. Yes, he was wearing a helmet, or it could have been fatal. I was t-boned by a truck in an intersection and broke my collar bone so severely it had to be pinned, plus inner ear damage caused a 60% hearing loss in my left ear. I know it's easy to lose it when it comes to bad drivers, but please use your head and try not to kick a door in or key a car. I live in a city where some people aren't wrapped too tight and they're ready to blow. You can find yourself facing a gun or a gang. If you have a phone, use the camera, get a license number and a description, then turn it over to the police.
I'm 61 now. I kicked that door long ago. She was close and did it on purpose. Country road. 20 or so bikes SlINGLE FILE. drafting. Fast. No other traffic. She deserved it.

I like to outfit my bikes with handlebar struts and knuckle guards mounted in reverse, so if anyone gets in my way, they lose a pound of flesh.
If they survive, they will never aimlessly walk down a bike path ever again.

Just kidding of course.
Common courtesy usually gets you where you need to go.

The Columbia has a loud enough what ever you want to call it Horn, if your dumb ass is wearing headphones, ear buds, and talking that deeply on the bike trail; & You ignore on the left, on the right, + the horn tone then ALL I'm saying is when you get hit is It's on You💯%❗

Better hope you don't damage my bike and come at me with attitude 'cause I will damage you😐.

Tired of suffering consequences for trying to be a Good Guy and if I'm going to jail etc for anything then it will be for my actual actions.

@49autocycledeluxe I don't blame you 1 bit man. If we were on a ride and some ignorant woman or anyone did that I would do the same, at least if she clipped someone the dent or scratch would identify the car, she'd know it/be reminded, and as far as the worrying types about the guns, gangs etc what's Any Different from Any Other Random time or place?

That's what is wrong with this country everybody is offended and then don't want consequences to their actions; if there was that many bikes & nobody would stop it from escalating past that then shame on them.

If I am ever riding with anyone of you guys, women, your kids and some crap like that happens then you better believe I'd be the 1 to react to it ......in a heart beat

Back