When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you warn/notify walkers on a bike trail/ride?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ian

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
In Memoriam
When you're on a ride around at your favorite spot, how do you let walkers know you're behind them and want to pass? I try and ring my bell or say " on your left/ right", but sometimes they are busy in convo or have earbuds in. Just a thought.......

"on the left/right" I had this same scenario on a trail a few years back...2 ladies were walking it & deep in conversation. I said "on your left" twice, but they didn't notice me until I was right behind them. I scared the bejebers outta them...& I was filming w/ my GoPro at the time. Made for a funny segment to my video! I apologized for startling them, & they laughed it off!

When they have earbuds, they're usually by themselves and you can pass. When they're in conversation, they're harder to get by but they can at least hear you and will move over, eventually. But I slow down regardless, you never know what they might do, especially if they don't hear you coming.

Yeppers, I had a single person walking on the left side of a 6 ft wide trail. I rang my bell, said " on your right" and she rushed to the right in front of me and indignantly told me I have to either stay left or right.
Haha.....

I’ve had joggers on the bike path do a snap turnaround right in front of me as I was getting ready to pass . Had one guy biking and reading his phone coming head on to me! I’ve had families out for a stroll that take up the entire width of the trail and won’t move out of the way. I had a lady bird watching almost walk into me head on. I recognize these nuisances well in advance already knowing what their next move may be and proceed with extreme caution. I have used the bell and the “passing on your left” that works most of the time but then the knuckleheads wearing earbuds will never hear you.

Back