When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you warn/notify walkers on a bike trail/ride?

-
People are typically oblivious to anything else around them while they are out doing thier thing.bell,ring the, bell say what you want,half the time they move right in front of you.when im riding solo i just ride according to my surroundings.not worth getting knocked off a speeding bike.i like group rides,in areas with other people or bikes.let the riders in front deal with it.as far as road bike riders go,most i deal with have a snobbish or superior attitude.they also will unnecessarily block vehicle traffic and are extremely rude.ive had plenty of situations where they are shocked when you give their attitude in return.

People are typically oblivious to anything else around them while they are out doing thier thing.bell,ring the, bell say what you want,half the time they move right in front of you.when im riding solo i just ride according to my surroundings.not worth getting knocked off a speeding bike.i like group rides,in areas with other people or bikes.let the riders in front deal with it.as far as road bike riders go,most i deal with have a snobbish or superior attitude.they also will unnecessarily block vehicle traffic and are extremely rude.ive had plenty of situations where they are shocked when you give their attitude in return.
I'm riding paved walking/ bike trails near all the attractions of a tourist town, so I have lotsa people sometimes, and none if I'm early enough.
I haven't had the luck of finding a riding buddy yet, but fingers are crossed! There haven't been any road bikes yet that I have seen, so no problem there.......I'll stick with ringin' the bell and sayin' " on your left".....

I was riding with my wife and I said, "I have to take a dump". I didn't notice that a lady was about to pass us from behind. She rode away past us like she was on fire. I run the dog on my bike because she must be part greyhound. She takes a wide pass and ignores everything.

as far as road bike riders go,most i deal with have a snobbish or superior attitude.they also will unnecessarily block vehicle traffic and are extremely rude.ive had plenty of situations where they are shocked when you give their attitude in return.

I see them on a Sundays sometimes in very large groups hog the road, hold up traffic, and go as far as holding a traffic light for the group which is illegal. Don’t dare say something to them cuz it will get ugly so I avoid them completely. I pull over and let them go by on their way.

I see them on a Sundays sometimes in very large groups hog the road, hold up traffic, and go as far as holding a traffic light for the group which is illegal. Don’t dare say something to them cuz it will get ugly so I avoid them completely. I pull over and let them go by on their way.
I'm glad I don't deal with that in a car nor on a bike. I'm by no means handsome but I can get real ugly real quick

My “new 8” boxing bell” will replace my “ice cream coming bell!” The fight for the road is on.

I always thought that a miniature recorder/speaker that you attach to the handlebars would be ideal. Something the size of a bell or speedo with enough volume to be head from a distance. Record your message or perhaps 2 or 3 messages and when needed just press the appropriate bottom.

I can think of a 1000 appropriate (Or inappropriate) messages you could use. Record something from a movie or tv show, an animal sound, screeching car brakes, etc., or just make up your own message using only your voice.

For instance, a sequential message might start with, "Bicycle behind you passing left." If no reaction, "Watch out for the bike behind you!" at slightly higher volume. If still to reaction, " Get the (insert your choice of word or words here) out of the way!" at full volume. 🥶 😀

We have cell phones with more computing power than NASA had available for the lunar landings, surely someone like chinamart could produce such a miniature digital device that could be sold for a few bucks.

You could even add a forward projecting blinking light beam that would provide a visual clue for hearing impaired.

Back