When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How high will it sell for? Elgin bluebird.....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Walter i'm not saying you bought it, but in your experience as an avid enthusiast/collector/ high roller how much you think it took to pull the auction?

i think the bike will be at copake ,in the auction, or the sheep field , why pay top dollar for a bike that is missing some very expensive parts ..there were 2 bluebirds at trexlertown this year, and i was talking to the man as he was loading up to go home ,, with both bikes ,,. i bought my bluebird for 2500 and sold it for 9,000- and the man who bought it spent 3,500 restoring it like new .. the bikes are out there ,,,go to shows ,like i have mentioned ,,. you will get a good education,and connections for your purchase ,, never trust an opinion from an ebay seller or anyone else ,, for that kind of money ,,, make the scene and see what you are buying .. everyone describes there merchandise with poetic license thanks for all the interest in what i think is the greatest bike ever built ,, they ride kind of weird ,,.. you are really profiling when you cruise a bluebird ,..

i was at trexlertown. i'm not in a position to drop thousands on a bike so i didn't ask. i've been to trex and the copake swaps on and off for the last 15 years. I really was just curious as to what this bike went for. in this economy? you know they dont come up often in any condition.

i agree with walter its the sellers bike to with what he wants but on the other hand its frustrating to see the auction pulled when you could see that bike as yours. esp expensive bikes where you might have sold somethings... other bikes to fund your new purchase then its gone in the wind

Well I know I can't afford to fly around to every bike show in different states to find the bike I truly want, and have it shipped home since it can't sit on my lap in the plane so obviously I use ebay. There simply aren't enough shows in California for rare quality bikes. As far as ending the auction early, that's a dumb move in my opinion. The guy that offered him the dough STILL could have low balled him and he will never know? When I looked at the auction the bike was up to $1100 so the guy could have offered $2k and got it? I had a Harley fender listed on ebay that i had numerous buy it now offers of $150 when the fender was only at $50, I refused and let the auction run it's course and got $380 for it! Good thing I didn't end it early.

i agree with walter also. the owner has the right to pull the auction. i agree with walter on all of his points, cash does talk and there are no rules. he who is motivated to obtain, at all cost, usually gets what he wants. i have to take a hobbyist approach to things, limited budget, the best i can get for the the meager pennies that i can scrounge together after bills. the trip to the swaps and just being around all of the like minded people and bikes is about all i can afford to take away. i like to watch the high dollar and fresh barn finds go to the highest bidder on ebay for entertainment purposes, vicarious living i suppose. when it gets pulled, its like watching a sports event and missing the last couple minutes. Then you can't find the score or who won.

Friend of mine used to end auctions all the time when he got a good offer, but apparently folks started reporting him and he got a 30 day suspension from ebay for circumventing fees. Course some folks woudnt care about that if they didnt sell a lot on the bay.

it is still worth it , to use ebay as the advertisement ,also the trick is to have other listings, using different names-i think ebay is wrong on some of its ways .30 days suspension is funny to me ,its like writing 500 times --i will not chew gum in class!!!!! or getting a paddle from the teacher ,,.. punishment is dumb. it makes people learn how to get away with being bad or going against the rules,...ebays feedback policy is the big joke also watch out for your pay pal account, never leave a large amouny of money in it ,, or someone can complain about a sale and they will take it out,without your knowledge

Back