When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Light is Your Lightweight?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I weighed it just now and the only difference is the horn is gone .... it could be my vintage scale šŸ™‚ ... this seat has to be lighter than most other seats found on these.

my 19 lb 1992 Lemond weighed in at 19 lbs. so it can't be too far off.
Chainguard and saddle can add up. It doesn't take a lot of steel to weigh 4 lbs. Wartime rationing etc. Your scale is as good as any. šŸ˜Ž

@49autocycledeluxe I was looking at some material @cyclingday posted on wartime New World bikes and I saw this spec:
1660183331124.png

1660183370765.png

There was a lighter target in mind in 43.

Not sure what my lightweight Western Flyer girl weighs but still a work out peddling uphillā€¦ nothing like steelies and single speed hubs! Sheā€™s rollinā€˜ with blackout ā€war timeā€ hubs too!

IMG_0093.jpeg

Last edited:
I could weigh my first-year-of-the-LeTour, Panasonic frame 10spd......but it's not stock. I don't know if we've specified that the bikes in the chart have to be stock? I just swapped out the steel rims for aluminum and it's the large frame too.

I see there's a Raleigh International in there. I could weigh my bone stock, unrestored 1980 Competition GS if there is any interest. Other than the catalog's claimed weight, I have no idea where that sucker falls.

Kevin

Last edited:
OK. I have the LeTour hooked up to my trainer for the winter....easy enough to detach and the Raleigh GS is down in the basement. Have scale, will travel......

Kevin

29lbs on the '74 LeTour with non-stock alloy wheels....large Panasonic frame. WO/kickstand

23lbs on the '80 Raleigh Competition GS......bone stock. W/Kickstand.

I gotta get that GS on the road....what a sweetheart bike! I'm sure the '70s/'80s Raleigh SBDU Pro racers were much lighter yet depending on configurations.

I'm surprised the '74 Raleigh International listed is a pound more. Could be scale/equipment.

Kevin

Last edited:
Thanks @Real1 Kevin. I will add them to the list. Do you have any pics of your bikes you can share?

Last edited:
Back