When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Light is Your Lightweight?

-
As much as I'd been unwilling to disclose a thing about me for past few years and worse again last may, having a brain clot aneurism brain surgery sept 2017, which went so well wasn'mt even noticeable. (Wait for it as I'm on topic with a lightweight disclosure somebody's gonn really like, wink)) But last May was pretty bad, although recovering excellently and not taking me a dam hour or two to type a small 2 sentence, half a paragraph and then edit it 20 freaken times, shesh! any more. so, please hold the 'we're so sorry crap, (Off topic) not your business, not your sob-A prob too. tks, ). By choice, I'm not ready to drive yet, but I expect, prob a month or two at max. IE it aint gonna be mine ;)

The good part for some lucky chump: I've been on the look-out for about 3-4 years to swipe this in really nice condition; the black/w red and gold highlights, 1982 Schwinn Voyager. off of one of my fav hunting grounds; Craig's list. And here it is, a little late for me and not likely gonna be availed much longer if not gone yet. A bit special for ya'lll visiting this thread, I figure. . ''

Consider you's selves 'Hooked up!

$110 bucks! Go get em boys (Schwinn road bike lobbers) some really good Schwinn lightweight bragging rights at this price, to be sure, and may the best lucky chump-A, (Cheap price stalking SOB like me ) win! >>>>> (Please don't off topic reply me in this thread, unless ya got it and giving weight descriptions (on topic) tks, [wink]

https://lakeland.craigslist.org/bik/d/auburndale-vintage-chicago-schwinn/7003138526.html

00U0U_lrDmFVHQ9XT_1200x900.jpg

00C0C_8xFu8muFg0A_1200x900.jpg

00k0k_kw660thotwN_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if a factory stock 3 speed Speedster is considered a lightweight, but I think that my modified one would qualify based on the "tonage" of the bikes Schwinn sometimes referred to as lightweights.

Mine has plastic fenders and alloy 27" wheels and feels much lighter than the stock version but I have no way of weighing it. I could probably shed another pound or two with a 3 piece alloy crank coversion and deleted chainguard, or just replace the guard with a plastic one and go with lighter pedals, saddle, alloy handlebar and stem, but I didn't bother as the bike is fun to ride as is.

3.JPG

@morton Your Speedster fits in nicely here. Do you have a bathroom scale? Weigh yourself, and then you holding the bike in the air. Subtract. ... My guess is 32 lbs.

Nice looking lawn!o_O

I just weighted a 1982 Schwinn Le-tour, Its actual weight came right in at the specifcation of 30 Pounds, just slightly under at 29.5 but I had removed the kick stand prior.

I don't know if it qualifies as a lightweight, but my '72 Dunelt light roadster is the closest assembled bike that I have at the moment. 37 lbs with dynamo/lights, rack, and the bag I rigged (yes, it's a toiletry bag).

I do weigh all of my bikes, but I never write down the figures, and have forgotten most of them. I do recall that my '68 Speedster (17") was 35 lbs, by '83 Bianchi was 24lbs, and my '84 Puch / Austro Daimler Pathfinder is 28lbs.

IMG_0960.JPG

@morton Your Speedster fits in nicely here. Do you have a bathroom scale? Weigh yourself, and then you holding the bike in the air. Subtract. ... My guess is 32 lbs.

Nice looking lawn!o_O
No bathroon scale.....just a weighin at the docs office semi-anually. Thanks for the lawn comment, I'll pass it on to the mrs. She does all the outside "adornments", I just cut the grass.:)

Back