When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Light is Your Lightweight?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So....................................You guys got me thinkin' . I have these two Lightweights ? I think . A 1978 Schwinn Camel Back Varsity , and a 1961 ? Robin Hood made by Raleigh . The Schwinn Weighs in at 35 Lbs . The Robin Hood at 32 Lbs . Weighed with an old Bathroom scale Holding the bikes ...................and subtracting MY weight. Here's the Two of them together . Ride Safe ! :sunglasses:

DSCF2226.JPG

DSCF2236.JPG

DSCF2240.JPG

DSCF2234.JPG

DSCF2243.JPG

DSCF1590.JPG

DSCF2183.JPG

So....................................You guys got me thinkin' . I have these two Lightweights ? I think . A 1978 Schwinn Camel Back Varsity , and a 1961 ? Robin Hood made by Raleigh . The Schwinn Weighs in at 35 Lbs . The Robin Hood at 32 Lbs . Weighed with an old Bathroom scale Holding the bikes ...................and subtracting MY weight. Here's the Two of them together . Ride Safe ! :sunglasses:

View attachment 1089474

View attachment 1089475

View attachment 1089476

View attachment 1089484

View attachment 1089485

View attachment 1089486

View attachment 1089487
What size frame is the Robin Hood? I was hoping my Dunelt (21”) was going to be significantly less than the 37lbs it is. I feel like I should strip off the accessories and re weigh it.

both very nice bikes, btw.

What size frame is the Robin Hood?

The robin Hood frame measures 18 " from center of crank to the top of the seat post tube. It measures 41" Center to Center of the axles . It's a 26" model with 26 x 1 3/8" Tires . Flat profile Rims ( not raised in the center at all ) . Paint is faded to a "Burnt Orange/Candy Color " Haven't confirmed year yet as I just got it last Sunday. Your Dunelt was the one that made me think of the Robin Hood , It looks to be in Great Shape . Keep the shiny side up ! :grinning:

DSCF2171.JPG

DSCF2194.JPG

DSCF2199.JPG

DSCF2180.JPG

The robin Hood frame measures 18 " from center of crank to the top of the seat post tube. It measures 41" Center to Center of the axles . It's a 26" model with 26 x 1 3/8" Tires . Flat profile Rims ( not raised in the center at all ) . Paint is faded to a "Burnt Orange/Candy Color " Haven't confirmed year yet as I just got it last Sunday. Your Dunelt was the one that made me think of the Robin Hood , It looks to be in Great Shape . Keep the shiny side up ! :grinning:

View attachment 1089595

View attachment 1089596

View attachment 1089598

View attachment 1089599
Nice. Your bike looks to have a TCW rear hub. Those are date coded just like the Sturmey AW. That should bring you within a year of the build date.

Back