When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Light is Your Lightweight?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
to be fair to the Pierce Racer,

in this configuration, it weighs in at 25 pounds, 4 ounces. The heavier bars, lights and dropstand add some weight to it.

However, in this configuration it is just to scary to ride, for me at least, on a daily basis.

1572977644593.png

So, I don't know if these fall into lightweight bicycle class, they are light, compared to ballooners, and some other 'lightweights' though, comparatively speaking.

1929 Westfield GJ1 as pictured, 37 pounds. (including bells and whistles, or in this case, horn and lights)

1572987675883.png

1918 Pierce Motor Bike, model DBRR

This is a fat pig, it weighs in at a whopping 38 pounds as pictured here. I am still amazed that this is lighter than the Westfield is. Pierce used carbon steel for their frames though, which could explain part of the reason that they are lighter overall.

They are quite a bit lighter than our 1940's balloon tire bikes, for example, our 41 Westfield built Elgin ladies Deluxe Sport is a solid 69 pounds. (nice).

Oh, I fergot about this: 1988 Trek 2300 Composite, W/full Campagnolo package, rims and all and Delta 1st generation brakes. haven't shot photos since I'd found it. Added tire an replaced rims wit very nice Victory Strata's (Dark bronze orig to this bike's front rim) another saddle mount and org #200 VETTA, saddle. Yet this bike is too special fer me, haven't ridden in few years. However: it's Berry, BeRrY, VERY! F-A-S-T !!!!

Just weighed it on better scale than before it wasn't complete in my photos. .. so, now complete: A whole 18.8 Lbs Sorry 3rd place guy; sven but move over [grin]

p9260776-jpg.jpg
p9220745-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
@gkeep was nice enough to to come home early today and weigh some bikes for the list.

His 64 Coppertone Traveler comes in at 40.8 lbs. It has a front rack and rear fender, no front fender.
1573540268535.png

His 61 Traveler with no racks or fenders, came in at 36 lbs.

His mid teens Pierce Roadster with original rain gutter fenders, leather wrapped grips and steel clincher rims with Vee rubber 28" tires, added 20s Walk kickstand, teens-20s rack and Solar carbide lamp. Total weight 43.5 lbs.
1573540632682.png

Thanks gkeep!

1573540091925.png

Back