When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many 38 bluebirds are out there?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
'38 Bluebird Registry ~ Count Update

Updated as of today~

Complete bikes with tanks = 15
Bare frames without tanks or used for Robins = 6

Thanks to everyone that's given me pics and their S/N's, it is helping to more clearly identify them, especially in the Fall bikes, which were never shown in a catalog (to my knowledge). Some Fall Standard bikes are easily recognized, and some, as well as the Deluxes, seem to have an inconsistent array of parts from the factory.

Thanks, Nick

Only 15? Sheesh.

There was a rusty and stripped-out Bluebird that surfaced on RRB last week.

The owner wants to try to put it back together...good luck...lol. It's a pretty ambitious thing to rebuild a Bluebird from the ground up and the only thing you have is the frame and an empty tank shell.

Only 15? Sheesh.

There was a rusty and stripped-out Bluebird that surfaced on RRB last week.

The owner wants to try to put it back together...good luck...lol. It's a pretty ambitious thing to rebuild a Bluebird from the ground up and the only thing you have is the frame and an empty tank shell.

You are probably talking about Tyler's new find which is one of the earlier Blue Birds. The '38 is a significantly different bike from the earlier ones which are much more plentiful but more desirable than the '38. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
I just acquired this 1938 from Duff Campbell don't know if you documented it yet.

A28.jpg

Ok,believe it or not..It was on Craigslist in late 2012,listed as "Vintage bicycle"... Ad read "Vintage bike. Type unknown. Cash and carry. " WITH the phone # in the ad! with grainy dark pictures,good enough that I (or any of us)knew immediately what it was..I called and called,no answer,emailed at the same time a few times..1 hour later the phone rang.."Its still available" They were 1 hour away in CT,I made it there in 45 minutes with a pocket full of cash expecting "So and so called and said its a rare bike and he'll give me $$$ for it" etc,etc..but no :D..
He told me he did hot rods and Harleys (Obvious by his garage:cool:)and he saw it in a big cleanout dumpster and thought it was an early Harley..He was disappointed it was just an old bike. At this point I noticed his phone ON HIS HIP!!! I tried to leave but the nice gentleman wanted to TALK :eek:!!30 loooonnng painful minutes later (As I had my hands on a Bluebird!) I was on my way home ! And his phone NEVER rang:confused:,(I stared at his phone the whole time waiting for the calls to pour in!!) I loaded the bike and raced home and literally took the pic shown..
The bike is now almost done with resto;seat(Bob U),,chrome,NOS parts,etc..Just waiting on finishing paint the pinstriping :p
Thats the story on this one..
Its amazing to me that the 3 rarest bikes Ive ever laid hands on were rescued from the scrap pile;This Bluebird,the Rex-Cycle and a Shelby Airflow(from 1995 or so);my dad bought the Shelby at a yard sale for $5! When I lived in AZ
The Shelby was leaned up against a mattress in the junk pile and asked if it was for sale and offered $5 and they said sure!Then when I came back from AZ ,I saved some parts of it from being thrown out as my dad disassembled it and put the "rusty"parts; bars,chainguard,etc in a pile to toss. "I was just going to get new chrome ones":rolleyes:..That bike went to a friend in AZ
Killer story. Still got it? Any pictures?

Back