When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many Cabers have ridden 100 miles on a bike all at once?

-
A hundred miles in a day on a modern road bike is a big accomplishment......on a bike that weights 3 times as much is just short of a miracle!

the one thing for certain here is 100 miles on a bike is MUCH easier when you have no way to measure it. reminds me of my buddy with a 48 Chevrolet telling me his 327 gets 20 MPG. his car has no working speedometer. it's only 8:20 now, but I have walked 50 miles at work already and typed 5 million words.

Usually a lot of 20 milers or smaller during the week, but the issue is that in my town it is just not safe on the roads and a heavyweight Schwinn is a beast to ride on mountain bike trails( but fun) More bike trails for non mountain bikes is needed.

the one thing for certain here is 100 miles on a bike is MUCH easier when you have no way to measure it.
Come on out and bring any computer you have , that will last 8-10 hours.
Everything I've tried is dead long before I get half-way.
It's a "LOOP" "Closed Course" practically.
I can count and do math.
A LOT of people ride it. IT'S been measured by every computer out there.
Edit/ You're right about not having something in front of me while I ride, telling me how far I have left to go, making it "easier".
I'm laughing, smiling, waving, and honking my goofy horn at the folks out enjoying the day at the beach.
We're all outside at the Beach; happiest place on Earth.
It is the easiest 100 mile bike ride there is.
120 miles in a day is my record, and it was my best Christmas ever; Oct. 8 2019
Like Pete @SKPC said, any rider can do it.
Come ride with me, it may be the most fun you've ever had on your bike.:D

Last edited:
Did I say that? Not that easy on yer butt. Yea, 49a is messing with ya T-3! I think Mark forgets how much he is actually pedaling his bikes around all day. I give him s____ for blasting his noise makers when riding and he just laughs..:p

My record was a metric century bike ride I did in 70s with about 50 people, but it was up and across the Blue Ridge Parkway so up and down mountains. Ride started in morning it would have been just over 62 miles. I was on my Schwinn super le tour. A lot of people didn't complete the course. I made a wrong turn ended up going 86 miles, but I beat the local bike shop owner back.
Now I'm 40+ years older, 70# pounds heavier. If flat, level hard surface, maybe 60 degrees cloudy day with plenty of water, Gatorade, bananas and food I'm guessing I could do 100. Guessing [emoji12]
A 40 something friend did a coast to coast bike run in his 20s. That would have been about 6,000 miles round trip!

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Tapatalk

Back