When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many Cabers have ridden 100 miles on a bike all at once?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
May 13, 2023 rode my ‘30’s Roamer Motobike 103 gravel mi on Whitehorse Trail in Wa. state. Done many centuries on modern bikes, this is my first on a vintage single speed ballooner,

2F0D0CA4-7E1D-4AFA-8DAA-2DC59BF200F5.jpeg
An earlier post in this thread I said I’d never make a century on vintage bike, but at 64 I did! Just started seriously riding vintage single speed bikes this past year.

I am curious to hear how many centuries Bill Smith has done on a Highwheel? I have done 5 on a Highwheel and none on a regular bike. There are many wheelmen who have done many centuries because there is a century day at each annual meet. Tim S

May 13, 2023 rode my ‘30’s Roamer Motobike 103 gravel mi on Whitehorse Trail in Wa. state. Done many centuries on modern bikes, this is my first on a vintage single speed ballooner,

View attachment 1837535
An earlier post in this thread I said I’d never make a century on vintage bike, but at 64 I did! Just started seriously riding vintage single speed bikes this past year.
Outstanding!
100 miles off pavement is no easy task, and to do it on a vintage, single speed balloon tire cruiser is astounding.
And at your age!
But who said anything about age? 🤣
I’m sure, you can ride circles around guys half your age.
Congrats!
Very impressive!

Outstanding!
100 miles off pavement is no easy task, and to do it on a vintage, single speed balloon tire cruiser is astounding.
And at your age!
But who said anything about age? 🤣
I’m sure, you can ride circles around guys half your age.
Congrats!
Very impressive!
Thanks appreciate the kudos @cyclingday. I don’t look like a cyclist either. Short and overweight. I like to surprise people. My grandson said once” papa you should be skinny for how much you ride. My reply “ I like to eat too much”😁

View attachment 1837535
Good for you. That’s something. I tried to do a century on a balooner a few years ago. I only made 32 miles as there weren’t enough hand positions. My arms, wrists and shoulders couldn’t take it. I went back and got one of my road bikes and ended out with 108 miles.

Good for you. That’s something. I tried to do a century on a balooner a few years ago. I only made 32 miles as there weren’t enough hand positions. My arms, wrists and shoulders couldn’t take it. I went back and got one of my road bikes and ended out with 108 miles.
I wear gloves and use the whole bar when I ride cruisers, I rode most of the ride with my hands at the crossbar, which for me mimics riding on the hoods of a road bike. Most my bikes except my motos have steerhorn bars cuz I like to move around a lot on the bars. For me it’s the OG seats that cause me the most problem riding long distances….A few years ago before I started collecting bikes again I’d only ride bikes with dropbars, even my mountain bike had them!

Keegan Swenson is the son of a friend of mine, Jordan, who used to beat up on me when I raced years ago. His son is one tough cookie, winning almost everything he enters, especially the longer races. Below is the best time for the 100mile White Rim loop in Canyonlands park ever done. 5hrs, 28 min.
I completed this loop many years ago in my 40's in 8.25 hrs at a solid pace in hot temps. Today? Who knows, but Keegan Swenson is some cyclist...see below two links, one to the White Rim accomplishment and the other on a planned Cape Epic partnership with Morton Lachlan...He also just won Unbound Gravel..incredible rider.

Last edited:
I rode 100 miles one day (very long day) on a fully loaded 53 Monark Super Deluxe….of course that was many years ago when I was in my mid 30’s and I have to confess I did have it geared down a bit, with a girls front sprocket up front. If I remember it was literally riding from sun up till sun down, like 11 hours🤣🤣🤣🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Back