When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many Cabers have ridden 100 miles on a bike all at once?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've done two centuries. The first was a 10 mile loop on a 54 inch hi-wheel. It was 1985 or '86. I was half my age, Scary!
The second was in 1994, again, it was a long time ago and it was also on a Penny Farthing. This was a point to point ride from somewhere around Stratford-upon-Avon to Peterborough. There were 12 of us on a ride across the British Isles. We started in Dingle, Ireland, and finished in Great Yarmouth, England. Furthest western point to the furthest eastern point. 12 days-750 miles. Day 10 was the Century. We did 117 in 11 hours. Doing the math, I'm due for another big ride, it's been 25 years, wow!

I'm an old fart now, and have no plans to do another, but back when I was young and handsome I'd usually go on a couple 100 mile club rides every summer.

the last long ride I did was 100 K (60 miles) in 1996 when I was 36 after a long summer of mountain biking and losing 40 pounds. the furthest I have ridden in the last couple years was only about 15 miles.

just curious who else is masochistic and loves to punish their bodies.

I lived for 10 years right by "Niles Canyon'' in Fremont, Ca.. 2 miles from a twisty flat road through the hills with a creek. half way through you could turn left an climb a pretty fair hill and the resulting down hill....if you kept going straight you have a choice of back roads.

20 feet from my house was Alameda Creek with a dirt trail right there. the other side was paved. I got spoiled by having these places so close. if you only have an hour to ride you ride for the whole hour.

Absolutely love long rides. Wish I had time for more. Got to hand it to Mark @tripple3. A century on an old cruiser? Wow!!

My favorite 100 miler to date has been at The Wheelmen meet on Mackinaw Island on my Highwheel. A very fun and unique ride, defiantly not the norm for me. Top speed at 10 to 12mph all day long with no cars to worry about and an endless amount of people watching & ammeter bike rider dodging to bide the time.

My favorite 100 miler to date has been at The Wheelmen meet on Mackinaw Island on my Highwheel. A very fun and unique ride, defiantly not the norm for me. Top speed at 10 to 12mph all day long with no cars to worry about and an endless amount of people watching & ammeter bike rider dodging to bide the time.

I've done Marinette to the north end of the Mackinac. 217 miles of quiet country cruising. 2 days and no set schedule

my max was 117mi. Went from NJ to philly - had a cheese steak and back. http://stevecyclestheworld.blogspot.com/2018/10/my-longest-ride-117-miles.html

I did 104mi in India in 2017 - hot as _________ http://stevecyclestheworld.blogspot.com/2017/01/day-4-test-your-metal-mettle.html

did 98 in Spain in 2018. http://stevecyclestheworld.blogspot.com/2018/02/s2-day-6-about-100-miles-of-downhill.html

and just did it this passed may in Spain/Portugal - i think it was 113mi - i havent blogged this one yet.

the key isnt the distance it is the head wind and elevations!! I can roll down hill forever with wind at my back for 100mi, if you have to climb 7000ft while putting in the miles THAT is the difference! :)

me after i did 104 in india - WIPEDDDDD
1560967468608.png

Back