When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many Cabers have ridden 100 miles on a bike all at once?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
100 miles today on 1938 Rustjunkie Tiki Twinbar
4 X 20 mile loops from the river mouth to the water tower, + 10 mile NP peninsula loop, + to-and-from the beach/home.:D
My cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing all day!
View attachment 1189541View attachment 1189542
View attachment 1189538
View attachment 1189543View attachment 1189544View attachment 1189545View attachment 1189546
This is 75 miles in.
I had coffee in the morning, A banana and a chocolate "old fashioned" while in Balboa, and water-stops at the drinking fountains along the path.
I stood in the incoming tide for a little while, then sat against the rock, and decided to have my favorite avocado tuna-melt at Woody's in Sunset.

Just awesome ! Thanks for sharing ! [emoji41]

Rode Tour of the Scioto River Valley (TOSRV) from 1973-76. 210 miles in two days. Back then did a bit of touring, 100 miles a day was my normal expectation. Last time I've done that? Was planning on doing TOSRV in 2006, did 110 miles one day to decide if I really wanted to do it. Wasn't happy with the way I felt, so I dropped the idea. I was 55 at the time, so you can guess at the odds of my doing a ride like that today.

Oh yeah, the bike on that last ride was my 1968-69 Magneet, set up for long haul touring.

Magneet Sprint 2.jpeg

Between sunrise and sunset, I rode from San Francisco to Fort Brag, 300km (about 187 miles), I rode back to SF by the following evening after sleeping in a Motel for about 5 hours.
Chris, the rider I know to be, a couple levels above Most Riders.
SF to Brag?
Nah, Chris goes to Brag and Back! HAHAHA!
I got to ride with Chris, in his backyard O7/28/2019 Mt Tam. WOW!
IMG_2909.JPG
IMG_2917.JPG
IMG_2934.JPG

Sweetie, Loren, me, Ted, @tryder , Chris, @fat tire trader
A Great ride.:D

I did it. Long time ago.

Nobody wants to ride with me, so I haven’t done that since my last group ride. To do a 100 mile ride here you have to share the road with cars, and I don’t do that alone, people don’t give a crap. If I ride on a road, I will only do so with a group.

I did the 100 mile trek on a Schwinn road bike, late 80’s model I think. It was a loaner, I had a mountain bike at the time, I was about 16.

Last edited:
A few months back, there were 3 of us out riding together.
One of the guys said the 29 miles we did was the furthest he'd ever ridden in his life.
I asked him how many miles he had ever ridden in a day?
His response didn't surprise me. He replied that the question was wrong; I shouldn't be thinking of how many miles he had ridden in a day, but how many days he had ridden in one go, without sleeping! I don't disbelieve him.
I need to find out more!

In my 20s I used to do these metric century bike rides which as I remember about 60 miles or so. One we went across the Blue Ridge Parkway which was grueling since climbing so many hills. I got way lost on one, returning that evening to "the sag wagon" bus to go home my odometer was at 86 miles which is close, not 100.
One older friend rode his bike every day to work rain, snow or shine. Bike he got as a teenager. Can't remember what it was but single speed, coaster brake. Everyone called him iron man. On that one parkway ride going up a mountain we rode together for a while, he wasn't even breathing hard, then he said see ya later and took off.
On Florida vacation with his wife she said when they got to Georgia (we're in Virginia) he decided to ride his bike home, let her drive towing their trailer. She said he showed up home four days later.
(Now me, I would have hitched rides showing up next day just to mess with my wife[emoji38]).

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

you guys that say you have ridden 100 miles on a single speed, 40-50 pound coaster braked bike with caged ball bearings and 40 PSI tires should all be in the Olympics. your calves must look like footballs, and your resting heart rate must be about 40 BPM. I can guarantee you did not do a century in the same Bay Area Hills that I used to ride. I never did one in less than 7 hours nor more than 8. the top riders on these rides were in the 6 hour range as I recall. I bought a nice Dura Ace, Reynolds 853 Lemond Maillot Jaune when I was 42 with the intent of getting back into it but never did another one. last one was 1996, 36 years old on my old bike... though that may have been a metric (60 mile) century.

rode 32 miles last summer on my old road bike I bought in '84. I usually do about 10-15 miles these days when I get the chance..... less on my fat tire bikes

Back