When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many Cabers have ridden 100 miles on a bike all at once?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
100 miles all at once is tough. If there is no stopping or breaks for resting it is even harder. Most could do a 100 in a day if there is no climbing and lots of restaurants around to stop and rest in, but if you are at pace, not stopping or having to climb alot it is a very different animal.:D:p Mark (T-3) can pull it off because he rides a lot, has the time, gets up early, has the motivation, stops to rest if need be and is not at pace, but even this is not easy here. If planned well, many good riders can do it, especially in the flats and even on a heavy bike with not much climbing...skpc

Last edited:
you guys that say you have ridden 100 miles on a single speed, 40-50 pound coaster braked bike with caged ball bearings and 40 PSI tires should all be in the Olympics

Agreed.Tour de France competitiors in the early 1900s rode steel frames with a fixed, flip flop hub on the rear wheel. That was all the gearing they had at the time.
-You installed the wheel with the little cog on the chain side for sprints and downhills.
-When it was time to climb, the rider removed the rear wheel and reinstalled it with the big cog on on the chain side. The so-called "good ole days".

Mark (T-3) can pull it off because he has the time, gets up early, has the motivation, stops to rest and is not at pace
Indeed. I'm a lil' slow compared to other bikes/riders.
I'm still sorta' new at this.
I did 100 miles last thursday, rode Fri., Sat., and Sun. then 102 Mon. 112 Tues. and 72 today by noon.:p
This is still, really "Not much", compared to other bikes/riders; guys I meet.:eek:
I wanted to get 3 consecutive centuries, but had "Stuff to do" so I went home.
Something connects when I'm out riding the beach, All Day Long.;)
IMG_1201.JPG

Mondays' 102 miler above.

IMG_1297.jpg

Tuesday's 112 miler above; 5 trips to the tower/SA river.

IMG_1355.JPG

Thursday's 100 and today's 72 miler
All old, 1"pitch, and poorly maintained.:eek:
I'll get better.;)

He replied that the question was wrong; I shouldn't be thinking of how many miles he had ridden in a day, but how many days he had ridden in one go
I can guarantee you did not do a century in the same Bay Area Hills that I used to ride. I never did one in less than 7 hours nor more than 8.
Record week for me with 400 miles in 5 days. 102, 112, 72, 72, and 42 miles, almost all of it along the beach; 5 different bikes.:)
Flat with cool breezes, perfect temp. and lovely scenery.
I choose to do it because I love it so much.
The pics are barely even close to how good it is!
Who wouldn't want to go every DAY!?
Who has the time....?:eek:
I put off maintenance and repairs, because i wanna ride.:p
Yes, it takes me all day; there's nothing else i'd rather do.:cool:
IMG_1229.JPG

Monday's ride, 1935 Huffman, 102 miles, 26/10 gear, original Persons saddle.

IMG_1303.JPG

Tuesday's ride 1936 Electric, C-model Schwinn, 112 miles, 22/10 gear

IMG_1355.JPG

Wednesday's ride, 1938 Snyder Twinbar, 72 miles, 24/9 gear

IMG_1391.JPG

Thursday's ride, Murray Elgin Oriole, 72 miles, 22/10 gear.

IMG_1441.JPG

Friday's ride, 1940 Western Flyer, CWC built, Heavy Duty wheels and Sun's "Light For All" carrier bag, 42 miles.
I gotta go.....:D

About twenty years ago, in my mid-40's, was riding quite a bit on my 1969 college bike, a ten speed C.itoh. I'd taken it to the local bike shop for some spoke work, they laughed when they saw it, weighed it and it was about 30 pounds, a real clunker next to their new carbon fiber light weight bikes.
So, there was a Century being run, and I and a friend decided to try it. We had our old clunky bikes, shirts and blue jeans. I won't say that the bike group, decked out in skin tight clothes and all the fancy gee gaws, laughed at us, but I do think I heard a few snickers. We took off, and we kept up with everyone really well, much to their surprise.
I made 60 miles, and had to give it up, as the next leg was very hilly. My buddy made the 100 miles, though he said it wore him out.
I'm glad I did it, couldn't do it now.
Still have the C.itoh, still has a Baton Rouge bike license on it, hard to think that bike is over 50 years old....it's served me well, though I read some disparaging remarks about the brand when they're discussed....

Need to put an old-bikes, pre-1950-only 100 or 50 miler organized ride on.
Anyone, anywhere, but all on the same day.
Would be fun to do this.
"50 pre 50" has a certain ring to it, who needs 'Eroica', who needs gears!
Still would like to try the century.
I may aim to do this on, or around, my birthday in June.

Last edited:
I love double meanings, with our day; Social Distance Ride.:p
It took me a while of pushing myself, chasing @Hippie Mike for a few years, riding to @cyclonecoaster.com group rides in Long Beach, every month for a few years now; but anyone could do it; it's a Blast!
Come on out, let's ride!

Anyone, anywhere, but all on the same day.
Would be fun to do this.
"50 pre 50" has a certain ring to it, who needs 'Eroica', who needs gears!
Still would like to try the century.
I may aim to so this on, or around, my birthday in June.
IMG_1478.jpg

Back