When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many Cabers have ridden 100 miles on a bike all at once?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Pre-1950 bikes. 50 mi. group ride. Could even arrange a sag wagon for backup. At 25 miles stop and eat in a nice outdoor spot. And of course all would be welcome! If you are 50 or over maybe get a gold star afterwards: one of those stick-on kinds we got in school for "well done". With enough people it could be a pretty fun event.

I am riding from Poznan, Poland where i live to Amsterdam, The Netherlands, for some custom bike cruises every summer. Maximum i have done in one day is 200km (124 miles), from Berlin to Magdeburg. I usually get there in about 10 days and do about 1500km (932 miles) in total, bit more then 2000 (1240 miles) including all the cruising and riding in NL. I surely give myself a couple of days to rest and wash my clothing on the way, but basically i ride pretty much every day. I use my customized Electra Ghostrider chopper for this, but i have also covered distances on other bicycles in past.
I guess because of the virus i'd have to skip the ride this year, since all the big cruises are cancelled.

I frequently used to ride from Portland, OR to Astoria, OR in my 30's and early 40's. That was 100 miles each way. I was surprised it never took as long as I thought it might, and I never really even pushed it. These were leisurly rides, and I always arrived before sunset. I also rode from Portland, OR to Yakima, WA a couple of times back then as well. Those trips were almost 200 miles each way. Around the same time I also did several bike camping trips around Oregon and Washington. Sometimes on my own, sometimes with a friend. I don't remember the milege on those rides, but more than enough to qualify posting on this thread.

I'm no longer in a position where I can just take off and do something like that. But at 68, I still feel like I'd be able to, with a little bit of conditioning.
I did always want to ride across the country at least one time during my life. Pretty sure that won't be happening anymore. But you never know!

As I was struggling hard to make it up a very steep hill on one of those trips, a car passed me with a bumper sticker that read, "Easy Does It".
It rang so true that it forever changed my riding style!

I did it on a Schwinn but it had a Whizzer motor on it. This is the bike when it was equipped with twin motorized rubber band Gatling guns. At Portland, IN I sprayed loafers in their lawn chairs. You can see that the bands fly forward like smoke rings. 380 per minute. A string rotates the drum and pulls them off. If the conflict goes hand-to-hand, I can shoot Rambo style. The drill motor is in the box. I bought four of these from the Ukrane and modified them to be the Red Baron style. These are my friends.

IMG_5776.JPG

No way could I do that,the most in one day for me was 42 miles and was all I could do to get home. That was the longest I ever rode and done it after I turned 50,now if the weather would cooperate I could get more riding in and maybe work myself up to longer rides.

An early 1970s Ron Cooper was what I did my MS-150 on (75 mi, two days in a row). My aluminum Trek busted a wheel just before the event, so I pulled out the bullet proof RC. Rode smooth with Reynolds triangle and Columbus stays, but it took a while.

Nope, never even when I was young. Back then I used to do close to 30 miles each way to Matheson Hammock Park when I lived near Coconut Grove in Miami in the 1970s.
Now days I’m 64 and do mostly 11 miles Several times a week or 17 miles on a good day.

102 miles today on Heavy duty wheels and full fenders, both side stand and drop stand, and a bunch of accessories including a big, loud, dual-tone Goose horn and 2 bells.
It's the same beach ride, so it's been measured by countless riders for years.
From home, to the beach, 4 trips to Sunset Beach, 1 trip to the end of Newport Beach peninsula, then home again.:D

Let me know if anyone wants to come ride with me; it's a blast!

Back