When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many Cabers have ridden 100 miles on a bike all at once?

-
Most could do a 100 in a day if there is no climbing and lots of restaurants around to stop and rest in
Did I say that? Not that easy on yer butt.
Yeah, you did.:cool::p:tearsofjoy:
I was flyin' with the birds, for a bunch of the ride.
It's a gift, so ride it.:D

Some entertainment. Here is a link to the White Rim Trail (Utah) 100-miler in a day and the records that are coming down. Yea, I watched this today and it brought back memories. In 2005, before it was popular to do it, we rode it in 10 hrs at a normal pace. Unfortunately it was hot(85++), cloudless and breezy. This is a butt kicker for sure. Climbing the Schaefer trail wall after 90 miles was a nightmare mental-f. There are those that have done it on gravel bikes, but you "can't walk" after finishing! Very rough most of the way even though it looks smooth in the video segments. Keegan Swenson, who now has the 2nd fastest time is a friend of mines son who is presently on the world MTB tour. T-3, better start training!:D
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/video...-on-the-100-mile-white-rim-trail-in-utah.html

I just read an article, about a couple who did the Denver to Durango Yo-Yo on single speed mountain bikes.
It’s something like 526 miles each way, over some beyond rugged single track.
Of course they couldn’t do it in a 24 hr day, but they did set the record for the out and back ride.
I have no idea, why they would choose to do it on single speed bikes, but my only guess is, that so much of it must be hike a bike, that they figured, you might as well dispense with as much unnecessary gear as possible.

I used to do century rides on lightweight bikes where I averaged 14-16 mph. My bum, heart, lungs, soul, and spirit can't sit more then about 6-7 hours a day on a bicycle seat....ouchy!! And, I only did it with my IPOD Shuffle playing good music in my ears keeping me motivated and entertained and movin on down the road for those 6-7 hours. Good music, good food & drink, and good scenery make for a good century ride.

Back