When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many RTR bikes in your collection do you ride.

-
Four RTR.

For New Year's Day I decided to ride each of my four operational bikes.

First a four mile warm-up on my '64 Typhoon two speed...

View attachment 1117476

then 8 plus on this mid-fifties Monark/Western Flyer...

View attachment 1117487

20 and a half on new tires; 1971 Collegiate...

View attachment 1117488

Finally, 13 miles into the darkness on my Mead Ranger...

View attachment 1117489

View attachment 1117490

Luckily I have a new set of headlights...

View attachment 1117491

Edit: Make that three RTR...

20200202_130426.jpg

Last edited:
I currently have somewhere between 60-70 bikes. About the only ones I haven't ridden are the 28" bikes becuase I don't have singletubes that will hold air. Everything else no matter how rare, restored, or original is subject to being ridden and the Hurricane Coasters can attest to this. V/r Shawn

View attachment 1133764

View attachment 1133766

View attachment 1133767

View attachment 1133775

View attachment 1133785

View attachment 1133786

View attachment 1133787

View attachment 1133788

View attachment 1133789

View attachment 1133790

View attachment 1133770

@Freqman1 , Nice Shawn, very nice. We're hoping to get in on some rides with the Hurricane Coasters this year. Hopefully we can meet, it would be my pleasure.

Of the hand full of bikes I have, which is probably more than for my own good, half are in either 100% perfect working order all the way down to the electric lights, and are ridden regularly in any weather; and the other half are so decrepit they are barely in one piece, awaiting restoration. I even take it a step further, and make sure that I wear clothes that are no newer than 1940s in appearance or design, even if it is 90 degrees out and I have somewhere I need to go. I feel like doing this is part of the experience of riding an old timey bike, and makes you feel even more like you're back in the old days when riding or driving a classic. That might not be everyone's cup of tea, and you do get some surprised looks when you do that!

We look forward to you joining us. We always have a good time and all riders are welcome. V/r Shawn

@Freqman1 Shawn, I wanted to let you I enjoy perusing your web page. The wiring diagrams will probably be the ones I'll need soon. :)

BTW, I have spoke to Don as the wife was worried they wouldn't like her bringing her 3 wheeler. Don said no problem, as long as it's a bike you're welcome to ride. She has nerve damage in her left side from a car accident years back, and her left leg isn't strong enough to keep balanced on a 2 wheeler. She's a trooper and tried several of our 2 wheelers, but it just didn't work out.

Last edited:
@jimbo53 had one with a cooler on it that he brought to a ride. Heck we even had a guy on an Ebike one time. Like I said all riders are welcomed. BTW if you have any suggestions for my website or something you would like to see let me know and I’ll try to make it happen. V/r Shawn

Well we don't have Tooo many in
Are Little COLLECTION if I can call

Like that......but these one was found on
@ barn Top part of the barn
(inside ofcourse) we just started mess with the one we always dream one day.
Love too have, well Thanks to Richie.
He bought a (7 acres) farm everything,
Include it. But he never had the time,
To bring this bike back to original style
No time & never intended. so we are very very bless cause at the end, he let me.
Had this beautiful bike for my lovely
Son the one I love with all my heart.

Here is the bike before & after.
First time my son ride his bike around
The neighborhood....;)

BTW.

IF I SPEND MONEY IN ANY OF MY BIKES.

WE MAKE SURE....;)

RIDE ON NOT HIDDEN IN......:) :) ;)

View attachment 1133307

View attachment 1133308

View attachment 1133309

View attachment 1133310

View attachment 1133311
Just add a few more thanks Jesus I!!!! thought, loss this one's but Not. so hope.
You (old bikes Gurus) liked.....:) :) ;)

20200203_081931.jpg

20200203_081931.jpg

20200203_082015.jpg

20200203_081944.jpg

Back