When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how much does it cost in your area to have a wheel re-spoked??

-
I have a couple of Varsitys I think I will pull the wheels off and tear them apart and follow the Sticky that @militarymonark posted on lacing wheels and see if I can get good at it, i was told a good investment would be a truing stand as well so might as well gear up

That sticky is not so great. It's only partially complete, then you have to find the 2nd and 3rd links, and after all that, I still got it wrong. I got so frustrated with it that I threw a tantrum after the 4 attempt.

There are better youtube videos, or do what I ended up doing, look at an original one. After a few times it became easier, and no re-do's, especially if you do them fairly often. :)
Darcie

I have one red Varsity I screwed the wheels up trying to lace it myself with no reference or clue what I was doing so I have another Varsity and a Suburban that I can practice on with those videos it doesn't seem hard at all, glad a keep a few old clunkers around to rob parts and to use for practice

sheldon brown has the best,the key is to keep tryin untill his instuctions make sense,takes about 10 min to lace,start with a good rim,sh-t in sh-t out,if the rim is bent or out of round,ittl never true up dump it

In Texas I just had them put a ball joint plus alien this Truck
1edc333b8abe5bb6b4633d82802f7d23.jpg

Picked up with my bicycle when it was done
8b216c8dc3153a072025a881fc1666c7.jpg
93ed22502eedbc40a200979788bb88b0.jpg

I pay 40 a wheel to re spoke wheels . I like to clean all parts and service the hubs first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Folks should give it a try on your own. It's not hard.The last one I did was a few weeks ago on a empty rim that was hanging from a hook about 8 feet high, that fell straight down as I was getting it down. It hit the concrete garage floor hard. I didn't realize how far out of wack the rim twisted from the fall until after I initially laced it. It amazes me how a damaged rim can be brought back using a truing stand. The wheel is on the front of my Shelby and is fine.
The first couple I attempted about drove me nuts until I found out I had the wrong spoke length..

Back