When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how much does it cost in your area to have a wheel re-spoked??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
when I told my buddy I was going to build a wheel he gave me his truing stand.

I had to do one restart, had one new spoke with no threads and lost 2 spoke nipples in the process so I had to go back to the bike shop. got it pretty close to true, think I'm going to put it together and ride it and see if I can get it better later.

my first wheel.:) I think I should get a badge or some kind of sticker to put on my car so everyone knows..... maybe even a jacket.

View attachment 806765
Congratulations - it's a great feeling and the second one's harder because you think you know what you are doing:anguished:

when I told my buddy I was going to build a wheel he gave me his truing stand.

I had to do one restart, had one new spoke with no threads and lost 2 spoke nipples in the process so I had to go back to the bike shop. got it pretty close to true, think I'm going to put it together and ride it and see if I can get it better later.

my first wheel.:) I think I should get a badge or some kind of sticker to put on my car so everyone knows..... maybe even a jacket.

View attachment 806765

Great job! You you deserve a Wheel Re-builder's badge.
Your buddy deserves a T-shirt
" What Have You Done for a Friend Lately?,
I gave my bud a Park Tool Truing Stand"
BEST BUDDY IN THE WORLD

Great job! You you deserve a Wheel Re-builder's badge.
Your buddy deserves a T-shirt
" What Have You Done for a Friend Lately?,
I gave my bud a Park Tool Truing Stand"
BEST BUDDY IN THE WORLD
I have used mine for years, takes about 30 mins to true and tension.

Bike shops want 80-120 to lace and true wheels around U OF MD College Park

The Bike Doctor in Waldorf (MD) cost $80, labor..

Now...if this ain't country.......resoking a wheel isn't hard at all. There are really good videos on YouTube. As far as truing it..take your time. This is my temp truing stand. I've gotten this S-7 with in 2mm lateral / radial about the same .Not the .o5mm racers use. But close enough for me. MY PRICE IS A CASE OF BREW , ILL MAKE IT TRUE, A 12 PaACK OF ICE, ILL MAKE IT NICE....I had to throw that in thereView attachment 804744
View attachment 804743

View attachment 804745
kool!

Well here in my town of Fairfax if I need a re spoke its either $40,00 per,or a sack of smoke,,and the local wheelmen take the smoke,,have had five sets done and no $ has changed hands,,and yes ,,they were all trued righto_O

I charge $45. labor and spokes start at $1.00 each for straight guage at the shop. I have heard other shops in town charge $45. labor just to replace 1 spoke and true. Seems very steep to me. I charge $20. labor for a spoke replace and re true. I can't really remember what it cost in the 80's at the first shop I worked at to build a wheel, I think $20 labor. Anyone want's one laced up, I can do it at home cheaper. Or trade! ;) Not to toot my own horn or anything but I am Darn good at it.
I went through United Bicycle Institute advanced mechanics course in 92 and wheel building was the main focus.

Last edited:
Back