When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much is my 70's Orange Krate worth?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

icenet333

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi All!
So happy I found this site. I'll be selling my Orange Krate soon and could use some help. I would like to know how much it is worth given its excellent condition. I found one website that says the 1968 model is worth 16k! I'm pretty sure mine is from the 70s. Any info would be appreciated! Sorry, I don't have the serial number yet. Thanks!

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

Hi,
From what I can tell, this is a 1973 Sunset Orange Krate rear disc bike. These were only painted this shade of orange for one year, and the seat is very hard to find in nice condition. For the right collector, this bike could be very valuable. It's a volatile market, so do your research. I'm personally blown away! I haven't seen one this nice in a long, long time. Thank you for posting pictures of it and welcome to the cabe.

The serial number is on the neck on the bottom of the tube. If it isn't there you got a problem.
Check and see.
It is a very nice bike from what we can see.
16k is insane though. Thats what happens when these bikes end up at Mecums or Barrett Jackson's. It will be worth whatever someone can pay for it.

Agree with posts so far - you appear to have a 73 Sunset orange Krate. I have two of these bikes, originals, they are sought after and yours looks original from what I see. One year only color paint, seat, and the last year for Krates including the disc brake.

$16K is simply ridiculous. Krates are currently selling between $1K-$4K in the open market. You can get lucky and find one for less and some will pay a little more for the right, pristine, rare bike.

Some drunk guy who's spending a million on a Hemi Cuda will likely pay double at an auction so he can brag about paying the most ever, but that is not reality.

We look forward to seeing your serial number and hearing more about how you've come to own this bike. Happy to further assist validating and valuing it.

Very nice Survivor Krate as long as the serial number checks out.
This defiantly looks to be a one year only bike (Sunset Orange).
Everything looks factory correct except pedals.
Still has Original cable “casings”. Correct derailleur with the jockey pulley / idler wheels with the teeth (72-73 only).

We need to see a photo of the serial number at the bottom of head tube as shown below.

AFCFB698-A7F7-4ED1-90C7-56CB4DEAE6EB.jpeg

Back