When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much is my 70's Orange Krate worth?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There's a marked difference though between a struggling collector that's been looking for an item for yrs, versus someone who can write a check and add an item to the five or more that he already has. Does he have a right to(?), sure. Is it moral or ethical to remove that item from the marketplace and help inflate an already unaffordable price scheme(?)...you decide.

There doesn't have to be an intense chasm between the 'haves' and have-nots'....that's only in your mind. It doesn't do a thing for social accountability and the human situation.

Kevin
I’m a bike collector and spend what I can afford. Some things will always be beyond my means but this is a hobby and I never “struggle” or it wouldn’t be fun. I also don’t drag the social debate into my hobbies. This site is about classic and antique bicycles. How about we focus on that?

I dont know much about Orange Krates,however I just completed a bicycle search on ebay and found these two. Not sure they are comparable with what you are looking for ?

On ebay there is a new in the box,Orange County Customs 20" for $525.

Also a Coppertone 20" Schwinn Stingray ,new in box, 125 Anniversary edition for $399.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175415125977?campid=5335809022

Those are a dime-a-dozen reproduction fake bikes.

This thread is talking about the real-deal vintage Stingrays from decades past.

Last edited:
I’m a bike collector and spend what I can afford. Some things will always be beyond my means but this is a hobby and I never “struggle” or it wouldn’t be fun. I also don’t drag the social debate into my hobbies. This site is about classic and antique bicycles. How about we focus on that?
Right, and you brought up the inequity of the "haves and have-nots". And now you can wave a magic wand and make any moral or ethical decisions go away because it's a "hobby" after all.......

You have a right to your opinions and I have a right to mine. I don't see anything 'wrong' with interjecting the notion of some social accountability into already hugely inflated market prices......apparently you do.

Kevin

Last edited:
Uhh yeah ok…what you riding tomorrow? I’m still trying to decide

Time for this thread to go bye bye, maybe the guy will list his bike if he really owns it, maybe not. Unwatch time for me

Last edited:
Agree Shawn, this thread needs to end...way off point from the origin and a bike that may not even exist LOL

This is a discussion forum mainly about bikes. I think any discussion about bikes and the world that surrounds them is fare game. Lets not suggest censoring those who like to talk about bikes and they impact they have on us good or bad. High prices have certainly altered the hobby for me. Not to mention PayPal reporting rules which was put on hold for 2022.

Last edited:
Back