When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much is my 70's Orange Krate worth?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
And that one has been for sale for months and months.
Never lowered the price. Never had a bid.

And that one has been for sale for months and months.
Never lowered the price. Never had a bid.
Yes, agree, this seller has listed a number of nicer Krate bikes this past year, always very high and they just don't sell. You see them expire and relist repeatedly.

I follow him and I've seen a couple come up sold, much to my surprise, then low and behold they are relisted again. It would appear that someone is making the initial bid on his bikes and nobody is taking the bait to make the next incremental bid and be committed to buying. Or maybe the original bidders have had buyers remorse and back out before paying.

Either way, his bikes are not selling at these high prices, even on Ebay, the place for the highest prices other than the crazy auctions already mentioned.

It appears to be a nice Sunset. As long as the seat is correct and correct waffle pedals the bike could go easily over $4,000. In my opinion the hardest Krate to find beside 71 Cotton. The seat if original in excellent shape could go up to $1500

It appears to be a nice Sunset. As long as the seat is correct and correct waffle pedals the bike could go easily over $4,000. In my opinion the hardest Krate to find beside 71 Cotton. The seat if original in excellent shape could go up to $1500
You think you can get what ever the market prices bear out and what ever someone with more money than sense, good luck pulling 4 grand out of this bike..

This OP ‘73 Sunset looks to be in very nice condition from the poor photos provided.
Upon closer inspection in person it could be a possible high end $$$$ one year only Krate.
I’d get rid of those unsightly wires and lights and do a gentle clean.
I’m curious if the tires are Original to the bike, as that would be a big plus.
The correct 72-73 pedals are easy to obtain, which this bike needs.

You think you can get what ever the market prices bear out and what ever someone with more money than sense, good luck pulling 4 grand out of this bike..
Undoubtedly you haven’t bought an original Sunset Orange Krate lately….. I have

5A3874AE-EE14-4FDD-96C2-5FA8FB574DC0.jpeg

Undoubtedly you haven’t bought an original Sunset Orange Krate lately….. I have

View attachment 1764555
I don't spend FOOLISH amounts of money on such a common bike as I have built up a couple of 68's and know the real value of a "dollar at worth a dime" unless you have little to no common sense would tell you to spend more wisely for such trivial things as 4000 for any over priced bike such as this... Spend it if you got it.. Not me!!.

Back