When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Much is my Schwinn Worth??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It doesn't exist without pictures and a full serial number. Get some pictures and you will get a correct answer. More likely 1950s than 1940s. Schwinn first used the Continental name in 1951. Serial numbers were often repeated back them. The major flaw with it is it is a ladies bikes. A mens bike in the same condition as a ladies bike of the same model will be worth at least twice to 4 times the value of the ladies bike. So if a mens is worth $100 a ladies is worth $25. The pictures are of my 1953 Varsity which is a first year bike and I only paid $50 for it in this condition. You are not going to get rich when you sell it no matter what you see on Pickers. Roger

Attachments

• IMG_9843.JPG
    IMG_9843.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_9844.JPG
    IMG_9844.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 165
This is from the 1946 Schwinn catalog, and appears to be the first year the name "Continental" was used.

sabahehu-1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I apologize won't be the first time I was wrong. I was going by Geoff Greene's Schwinn Tech Guide. Oops. I still don't see a picture of the bike and the other things about it are true. Roger

Continental

It doesn't exist without pictures and a full serial number. Get some pictures and you will get a correct answer. More likely 1950s than 1940s. Schwinn first used the Continental name in 1951. Serial numbers were often repeated back them. The major flaw with it is it is a ladies bikes. A mens bike in the same condition as a ladies bike of the same model will be worth at least twice to 4 times the value of the ladies bike. So if a mens is worth $100 a ladies is worth $25. The pictures are of my 1953 Varsity which is a first year bike and I only paid $50 for it in this condition. You are not going to get rich when you sell it no matter what you see on Pickers. Roger

Schwinn used the Conti name as early as 1946. "One year" items like the 46 tapered kickstand were used for several years on the Continentals. I have a matching pair of 49 Conti's with the tapered stand.

WP_20140103_004.jpg

You can post it on Ebay for $350. The only problem is that you will have to wait a long time to find someone insane enough to buy it. They aren't selling. Go on Ebay to check completed listings. There aren't any. If I were you I would post it on Craigslist for about $75-$100. If you don't mind waiting a few years ask $300.

It's neat how we all pile onto these half-year old posts. Anyway, I recently threw down good money for one of these '73 Voyageurs in excellent original condition in Kool Orange. It was my size, it was shiny, and it was stupid awesome original Kool Orange. If it was yellow or blue or all chrome I wouldn't have given a flying fig, but the Kool Orange shorted out my brain and the only way to fix it was to buy the bike. So yeah, eye of the beholder. Yes, I have problems.
Cheers, Geoff

Back