When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Much is my Schwinn Worth??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I had a Panasonic Sport (boys model) in 1981 and it was my first ever bike shop purchase as opposed to department store. My bike was nearly the same color as this Schwinn and had the same brake system which I loved. I used those center brake levers 99% of the time as I liked to keep my hands on top of the bars. I sold that bike at a garage sale in 1998 for $25.00 and I'm sorry I did. It was all original down to the tires and the paint was perfect. I loved that bike and it was my main mode of transportation for years.

The bike is worth what someone is willing to pay .....

You have to find a buyer at any price - The problem is many won't pay what they claim value might be - The few that know what they are looking at - want to swoop a deal & not pay retail ... heck everyone wants a good deal - right ?? ... but if you have to buy @ full retail - it needs to be a great example ... that's what I look for when I purchase ... a good deal doesn't hurt the sale either ...

Some people say they see them on craigslist for $20.- $60.- bucks & on ebay for the $200.- to $300.- range ... well I would list it on ebay then .. If you want to know the value - my guess is you want to buy or sell it as all people who seem to ask this question on the forums --- If you are keeping it -- well then it's priceless ... just my 2 cents ..... :cool:

ride vintage - Frank

Last edited:
cYCloNe CoAStEr

Brilliant!!

you have to find a buyer at any price ... The problem is many won't pay what they claim value might be - the few that know what they are looking at what to swoop a deal & not pay retail .. Heck everyone wants a good deal - right ?? ... But if you have to buy @ full retail - it needs to be a great example ... That's what i look for when i purchase ... A good deal doesn't hurt the sale either ...

Some people say they see them on craigslist for $20.- $60.- bucks & on ebay for the $200.- to $300.- range ... Well i would list it on ebay then .. If you want to know the value - my guess is you want to buy or sell it as all people who seem to ask this question on the forums --- if you are keeping it -- well then it's priceless ... Just my 2 cents ..... :cool:

Ride vintage - frank

bike collectors want to buy it for $12 and get a straw hat thrown in.
Bike dealers usually have to pay more, and having overhead need to get near market value to eat crackers.
Its realistically worth $500 and up in excellent shape. minor scratches don't hurt those much because its an all chrome bike.
As for what you can GET?
that depends on how long your willing to wait, and what your buyer wants.
the cheapest road bike in any bike shop I know of is $795 plus 6% sales tax.
And this bike will compete with any of them in quality and weight.
SO how could it be worth less then half of the bottom of the line model new?
$400 minimum from me. if its as shown paint or nicer. I did not pour over the pictures looking for marks, nor damage, and have no idea on the wheels.
You can touch up most any bike with finger nail polish, as it comes in 3 million shades.
15 years reselling bicycles.

wrong again chummly this is a Voyageur not a dime store voyager. This machine is second only to the paramount. Top shelf every inch. you must own one to appreciate it. No this is not a stupid continental gas pipe boat anchor. This is a high end chrome moly lugged Panasonic, decked out with the best shimano package on the shelf. Its $500 all day and all night with a bit better paint. BTW, new owner, if that paint offends you??? its ALL nice chrome underneath.

These bikes are way cool. I bought one that had the paint stripped off (that must have been a job!) and I like it but you won't confuse it with a full polished chrome bike. More like between silver and polished chrome. When I first got it I was not all that in love with it but the more I worked on it (replaced the decals, changed the bar tape, whitewalls) the more I liked it. Here it is:

Attachments

• P1010012.jpg
    P1010012.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 1,084
  • P1010009 (2).jpg
    P1010009 (2).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 945
awesome. My last one was 21 inch {ish} in the blue all stock. I got $399 for it 5 years ago or more. and no better then the OPs paint as far as I could tell.

You could clean it up and get 500-600 but think 350 is the money as it sits.

I sold this bike for 550 on Ebay and this bike was in the same condition before I restored it.

Attachments

• IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,178
  • IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 810
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 779
1946 Ladies Schwinn Continental

I have a beautiful old 1946 (2/3 speed) red/purple ladies Schwinn Continental. Got it out of someone's basement. I'm the second owner. Still have the original seat and brake pads, the jerks at the bike shop chucked the original handgrips (don't get me started) had to replace the tires of course, but everything else is original and totally functional. Decals look beautiful, paint is great. Only issue is a bit of pitting and rust on the fenders. (Which I'd like to know how to take care of) we're in a bad way financially (hubby lost his job) and I need to know the maximum amount I could expect to be able to sell it for would be.

Dang, was gonna take oics this afternoon and got sidetracked. When I bought it (being totally ignorant of anything except that I wanted a schwinn with a certain look) I thought maybe it was a late 60s maybe 1970. I took it into the shop to get tuned up. When I rilled it in the door the place went silent and every employee was staring at it. So then I tried to look it up and for awhile I thought it was a 1953. Then this week I was researching it again, to sell it and found 2 different pics of the identical mens version and both captions said 1946. So now I'm like, holy crap! It is in seriously nice condition.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Back