When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much is my speedline worth

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk thomas

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This bike has a fiberglass tank and needs electric work. It has metal chrome bolts and goose egg tail light that need some work but it is metal. I need to know what an honest estimate as to the price of this bike. I have to take care of a problem with this and need an estimate. Is it worth $5000 or not?
P1250338.JPG

This bike has a fiberglass tank and needs electric work. It has metal chrome bolts and goose egg tail light that need some work but it is metal. I need to know what an honest estimate as to the price of this bike. I have to take care of a problem with this and need an estimate. Is it worth $5000 or not?View attachment 790972

Original condition is very important, in both parts and finish, including decals. Restoring, in other words 'repainting’,
damages a great deal of the value that might have been there. Repainted bikes are harder to sell to collectors,
no matter how good the paint job is. If the tank was original, it would be worth more.

Here's how I see it. The bike has repo seat, bars, taillight, glass tank, and wrong/repo pedals. Are the bars real Torrington Airflo bars? Looks to have wrong fork and stem. Assuming bars are real (if not drop it another $500) I'd say about $4500 is tops on something like this. By the time a person tracks down the correct parts, has the seat redone, plating and paint they are in for at least another $2k. Selling any of the high end bikes with glass/repo parts is a tough proposition. BTW I thought Mike had bought this bike? V/r Shawn

Here's how I see it. The bike has repo seat, bars, taillight, glass tank, and wrong/repo pedals. Are the bars real Torrington Airflo bars? Looks to have wrong fork and stem. Assuming bars are real (if not drop it another $500) I'd say about $4500 is tops on something like this. By the time a person tracks down the correct parts, has the seat redone, plating and paint they are in for at least another $2k. Selling any of the high end bikes with glass/repo parts is a tough proposition. BTW I thought Mike had bought this bike? V/r Shawn
I Bought the Bike with a steel tank for 5000.00 was not told the tank was fiberglass.
Mike

I PM'd Kirk when it was first listed and asked if the tank was steel ... Kirk replied no, its fiberglas

I thought it was obviously fiberglass when you said you have a set of metal bolts for the tank. Most people first question with this model is is the tank real. Looks like you could part it out for 3000. If it had a real tank someone would pay 8000 to 12000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back