When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Much Is Too Much

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
how much is too much...... ive asked myself the same question many times the last few years. bikes are a great hobby but like a lot of other things it can become obsessive and addictive. if its not a problem in a relationship, its not destroyed your finances and you can still walk thru the house, your prob ok for now.......but keep an eye on it. the plus side it looks like you have a nice collection but sometimes less is more. i find myself buying just to be buying sometimes more than i should..........oh yea i forgot im divorced, broke, and i cant walk thru the house.....good luck

View attachment 360535
You need a swifter.......and what is it that is laying on the piano above the keyboard? Looks like you are drying beef jerky.
Don't take this as a cut.....I didn't get married until I was 31 and my place looked just like yours. Just found the right girl!

how much is too much...... ive asked myself the same question many times the last few years. bikes are a great hobby but like a lot of other things it can become obsessive and addictive. if its not a problem in a relationship, its not destroyed your finances and you can still walk thru the house, your prob ok for now.......but keep an eye on it. the plus side it looks like you have a nice collection but sometimes less is more. i find myself buying just to be buying sometimes more than i should..........oh yea i forgot im divorced, broke, and i cant walk thru the house.....good luck

View attachment 360535

Personally I liked visiting your place--eclectic and cool! V/r Shawn

We all get a smile on our face when we look at our collections, but take em out into the daylight and roll downtown and make hundreds of people smile ! ... Just take a look at the link under swaps and events and check out Rolling Relics San Francisco ride, or any post online from Frisco Bay Stingrays.
These horses don't want to stay in the barn !

We all get a smile on our face when we look at our collections, but take em out into the daylight and roll downtown and make hundreds of people smile ! ... Just take a look at the link under swaps and events and check out Rolling Relics San Francisco ride, or any post online from Frisco Bay Stingrays.
These horses don't want to stay in the barn !
...or the Arizona Cyclone Coasters, Hurricane Coasters, or Gateway Coasters. Just remember to ride vintage! V/r Shawn

I think we all get a smile on our face on our faces when we view our collections. And not just because we are enamored with all our" stuff" . There are those here on the Cabe that feel that somehow we are actually doing a disservice to the very bikes we collect if we have large holdings of bikes we don't ride. Good......... Less for you. More for us.
My stuff may get dusty. My family calls my hidden underground bunker "The Museum" and some call me a hoarder.
The most frequently asked question is, " What are you going to do with all this stuff?" followed by, "why don't you sell it".
Most people that come to my house never see any of my "stuff". Only a select few ever see the bike collection.
First of all none of my stuff intrudes in my wife's territory.... well maybe her laundry area......but she can go to the laundromat........maybe part of the garage too......but only half.
I don't show the "stuff" to folks I perceive as the type not interested in it. Start talking "sports" to me , or about your golf game and that little voice inside me says..."oh poop, one of these guys."
I just thank god years ago I met a girl [she's 9 years younger then me] that cleaned me up from a hoarder , to a collector and our way of doing things is she does her thing and I mine.
I have always had a hard time selling stuff. I like trading up but parting, not so much.
To keep the bike collection from becoming that "anchor" around my neck I did set some rules about the collection.
#1 No girl's bikes. [other than my wife's original 59 Schwinn Fair Lady and a 39 Monark Rat rod.]
#2 Years from 1935 to 1955 only.
#3 Avoid impulse buys.
I know Mike from American Pickers Show says, "The time to buy it is when you see it." but this can get you into trouble later when you get home and think," Why did I buy this hunk of junk?"
No matter how many bikes you have , riders or museum pieces ......ENJOY!:)

You need a swifter.......and what is it that is laying on the piano above the keyboard? Looks like you are drying beef jerky.
Don't take this as a cut.....I didn't get married until I was 31 and my place looked just like yours. Just found the right girl!
ok now youve hurt my feelings, i dont have a piano or a swifter, but after looking at the pic, it is pretty dusty, i solved that though. i took my chainsaw and cut a couple holes in the hardwood floors, then took the garden hose and sprayed everything down. it looks much better now and makes for easy cleanup, wish i would have thought of this years ago....yum beef jerky

I think we all get a smile on our face on our faces when we view our collections. And not just because we are enamored with all our" stuff" . There are those here on the Cabe that feel that somehow we are actually doing a disservice to the very bikes we collect if we have large holdings of bikes we don't ride. Good......... Less for you. More for us.
My stuff may get dusty. My family calls my hidden underground bunker "The Museum" and some call me a hoarder.
The most frequently asked question is, " What are you going to do with all this stuff?" followed by, "why don't you sell it".
Most people that come to my house never see any of my "stuff". Only a select few ever see the bike collection.
First of all none of my stuff intrudes in my wife's territory.... well maybe her laundry area......but she can go to the laundromat........maybe part of the garage too......but only half.
I don't show the "stuff" to folks I perceive as the type not interested in it. Start talking "sports" to me , or about your golf game and that little voice inside me says..."oh garbage, one of these guys."
I just thank god years ago I met a girl [she's 9 years younger then me] that cleaned me up from a hoarder , to a collector and our way of doing things is she does her thing and I mine.
I have always had a hard time selling stuff. I like trading up but parting, not so much.
To keep the bike collection from becoming that "anchor" around my neck I did set some rules about the collection.
#1 No girl's bikes. [other than my wife's original 59 Schwinn Fair Lady and a 39 Monark Rat rod.]
#2 Years from 1935 to 1955 only.
#3 Avoid impulse buys.
I know Mike from American Pickers Show says, "The time to buy it is when you see it." but this can get you into trouble later when you get home and think," Why did I buy this hunk of junk?"
No matter how many bikes you have , riders or museum pieces ......ENJOY!:)
you go bro. I like it :):D:):D:):D:)

Back