When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How old is everyone

-
Just turned 49. Some of my earliest bicycle memories include my mom yelling from the porch “Michael! Battle Star Galactica is on!” (1978-79 version). I’m like one more time around the block mom! As I took my last lap around the block a Cujo-esque dog jumped from the woods and bit me on my side and knocked me off my bike. Next thing I know I look up and see a 90 year old man throwing pebbles at the dog to get it away from me. I spent a long night getting rabies shots at the hospital… and I never viewed Battle Star Galactica the same after that! But still love bikes!

76 Schaumburg, IL
I love that area. I spent 10 years in my mid 20's / early 30's living in Hoffman Estates, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It has a lot to offer for a suburban town.

Every morning I used to count the deer on my drive into work, Usually it was over 20. The density was really high near mid evil times. Ironically I did not finally hit one in the car until after I moved out of that area. But did have a few close encounters over the years, and witnessed other accidents. My girlfriend did hit a deer one evening that flew up into the windshield, and cut her up pretty bad.

I did more high speed laps and miles around lake busse and deer grove immediately after work ride than I can ever count. It was a nice location and a short drive to many of the best rides in the area, whether you wanted to hit pavement, or get out on some dirt in some woods.

A part of me wishes I never moved. I lived near medieval times, if that is still around.

At the same time it had enough nice restaurants and night life to keep someone of that age happy all within a 10 minute drive.

I used to also roller blade often in Paul Douglas Forrest preserve with my two dogs. (A German Shepard, and a Rottweiler). One time we were on a damp paved trail, turned the corner and saw a herd of deer. The deer took off, and my dogs followed chase. They dragged me for a wild ride through the grass before my weight finally stopped them. I had one leash in each hand, and held on tight.

They probably dragged me 40 feet off the paved trail.

There used to be cool restaurant near the AMC movie theater in Barrington. near barrington road and central, I think it was called actually called "The Barn, but could be wrong". It looked like a barn on the outside, but was nice inside, and had a fireplace and would often have a live piano player on weekends. That was my go to date move whenever I wanted to impress a lady. My house was then just a short driive away.

Last edited:
I love that area. I spent 10 years in my mid 20's / early 30's living in Hoffman Estates, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It has a lot to offer for a suburban town.

Every morning I used to count the deer on my drive into work, Usually it was over 20. The density was really high near mid evil times. Ironically I did not finally hit one in the car until after I moved out of that area. But did have a few close encounters over the years, and witnessed other accidents. My girlfriend did hit a deer one evening that flew up into the windshield, and cut her up pretty bad.

I did more high speed laps and miles around lake busse and deer grove immediately after work ride than I can ever count. It was a nice location and a short drive to many of the best rides in the area, whether you wanted to hit pavement, or get out on some dirt in some woods.

A part of me wishes I never moved. I lived near medieval times, if that is still around.

At the same time it had enough nice restaurants and night life to keep someone of that age happy all within a 10 minute drive.

I used to also roller blade often in Paul Douglas Forrest preserve with my two dogs. (A German Shepard, and a Rottweiler). One time we were on a damp paved trail, turned the corner and saw a herd of deer. The deer took off, and my dogs followed chase. They dragged me for a wild ride through the grass before my weight finally stopped them. I had one leash in each hand, and held on tight.

They probably dragged me 40 feet off the paved trail.

There used to be cool restaurant near the AMC movie theater in Barrington. near barrington road and central, I think it was called actually called "The Barn, but could be wrong". It looked like a barn on the outside, but was nice inside, and had a fireplace and would often have a live piano player on weekends. That was my go to date move whenever I wanted to impress a lady. My house was then just a short driive away.
The Times is still there. The barn is gone. My bike club is Covid dead but we road in a group through all those preserves. My dog is trained to run alongside me on my bike. Come and see my collection the next time you are here. You and yours can take my bikes for a afternoon ride. I live across from the pool on Weathersfield Rd. in Schaumburg.

Two months to go and I will be seventy .
I still like to ride my 1903 Pedersen and some of my other bicycles.
Busy with several projects on of them is a 1909 motosacoche motorcycle , also busy with my growing collection headbadges just over 5500 from al over the world.
I should start downsizing with my other collections .

Back