When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How old is it?

-

wschellen

On Training Wheels
This beautiful bike just fell into my hands last weekend and I am trying to find out more about it. The previous owner said it was from the 20s. I can not find much out about this Marque, but I can tell it is a quality bike by the light weight and beautiful workmanship. It also has many alloy components. It has a small decal on the seat tube which indicated maybe it was restored some time in the distant past. Let me know any guesses or info you might have. Thanks

DSC00943.JPG

DSC00945.JPG

DSC00953.JPG

DSC00954.JPG

DSC00951.JPG

DSC00950.JPG

DSC00962.JPG

Based upon the parts, the wheels, fenders, handlebar stem and seat post, my guess is that the bike is from the late 40s.

The stem looks like the Reynolds stem on my Higgins http://fattiretrading.com/higgins-ultralite.html maybe on the short reach stems, they did not have room for the logo.

You are right re. the 'Reynolds' girder stem, I think you're correct re. the lack of logo.
I'm also guessing late '40s, possibly early '50s.

There were so many small scale London framebuilders from this era.

@wschellen, I'll do a little more digging for you.

Fortunately, Mr Griffith (as mentioned in @sam's excellent link above) is a regular rider with me on V-CC runs over here, and he loves an obscure London marque.

I'll email him and see if he can help in anyway

Gorgeous bicycle!

Canadian? 40's? Definitely not 20's. Possibly a higher end cycle. Nice fall in lap!

Back