When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How old is this push scooter?

-
Pics

Here are the pictures. Orientation somehow got a little messed up.
Photo%20Aug%2021,%205%2033%2056%20PM.jpg
Photo%20Aug%2021,%205%2031%2051%20PM.jpg
Photo%20Aug%2021,%205%2032%2007%20PM.jpg
Photo%20Aug%2021,%205%2032%2019%20PM.jpg

Wow...that sure is a vintage one. I'll have to do some digging this evening and see if I can find one like it.

Dave

I'm pretty sure I found an ID for this scooter. In the book Riding Toys, on page 136, there's a photo of this exact scooter which is identified as a 1940s Hamilton. It originally had a flared fender on the front wheel. I had a feeling it might be Hamilton with those artillary wheels like on my early '50s Hamilton Greyhound wagon.

Dave

No problem! :) That book has been invaluable to me in identifying vintage tricycles. I was surprised to find those scooters so easily and having color pics in the book to go by. Oh, and this scooter also had a rear stand similar to your other scooter. I think bikesnbuses here on CABE might still have NOS 10x1.75 Firestone tires to fit this scooter. Looks like yours takes that size, but sometimes it's hard to judge from photos. He was advertising them FS in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum a few weeks back, and had a couple sets of four available.

Dave

Last edited:
Back