HOW TO: Bumping Classified Ads

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Dave Stromberger

I'm Afraid I Can't Let You Do That
Staff member
System Administrator
May 20, 2006
Cheney, WA
To help relieve the work load on moderators, we've now implemented a customized add-on that will allow you to bump your classified ads only after the required time limit has passed. Replying with "bump" or "to the top" as we've been doing will no longer bump the ad to the top, nor will any other reply such as members asking questions. To bump your ad to the top, please use the "..." drop down menu, and chose "Bump thread".

Untitled-1.jpg

For Tapatalk users, there is a second step that is necessary due to it's limited support of forum software features. Select the "..." menu then select "Web View". This will bring up the page in your web browser where you can continue with the same steps mentioned above.

Screenshot_20200512-104520.jpg
Screenshot_20200512-104525.jpg

Dave Stromberger

Staff member
System Administrator
May 20, 2006
Cheney, WA
That's great Dave! Now we just need one that has a pop-up or reminder when someone goes to list something for sale that they have a price, pic, and location. V/r Shawn
We have the ability to enforce the price and location fields being filled in, but we had to turn it off because it broke Tapatalk... those members couldn't post ads at all :-(

Having a reminder pop-up, or note somewhere in the posting process may be doable though... I'll look into it.

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
We have the ability to enforce the price and location fields being filled in, but we had to turn it off because it broke Tapatalk... those members couldn't post ads at all :-(

Having a reminder pop-up, or note somewhere in the posting process may be doable though... I'll look into it.
Many forums do not allow Tapatalk because they have failed to make their app compatible with forum software. Personally I think that would be a good move so you don’t have to keep doing one-offs for some crappy ap. V/r Shawn

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Bike from the Dead

Look Ma, No Hands!
Nov 24, 2019
Broken Arrow, OK
I'm still fairly new to the forum. What is it that makes tapatalk so difficult when it comes to forums?

abe lugo

I live for the CABE
Sep 6, 2010
Los Angeles,CA
How about completely turning off comments on Ads? The Jalopyjournal.com has it done that with without Tapatalk issues.

Or how about this..... hey Classified commentors- can you just PM the seller?

Dave Stromberger

Staff member
System Administrator
May 20, 2006
Cheney, WA
How about completely turning off comments on Ads? The Jalopyjournal.com has it done that with without Tapatalk issues.

We did that once.. some people like it, some hate it. It'll only happen if I can figure out a way for it to be optional.

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA

I liked the feature that required a for sale ad to list price and location. I thought it was great until I kept getting asked by Tapatalk users "Where's the price" because the POS ap can't read the forum page correctly. Even after I put a not in my ads advising Tapatalk users to log in with a browser to see the price I still got the same crap. Yep-I'm no fan of Tapatalk. Any ap that refuses to be interoperable with sites should probably just not be used. I will continue to lobby the mods for blocking it on the CABE. V/r Shawn

bike

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Feb 26, 2007
Bicycleland
On Wheelmen site you can lock your post for no replies.
Excellent!

Reactions: kreika
This ad goes away when you register for an account!