When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HOW TO: Bumping Classified Ads

-
Price
-
Payment Terms
-
Zipcode
Sounds like a good idea.....the only thing I don't like is that when it gets "Bumped", it changes the date that the post was originally posted...
When I opened up the Parts, Wanted adds, I went "Wow, so many new things today. Wait a minute, this one has 1k looks in 5min?"
Example from just now...

Since I don't buy or sell anymore, I guess it doesn't matter...

Sounds like a good idea.....the only thing I don't like is that when it gets "Bumped", it changes the date that the post was originally posted...
When I opened up the Parts, Wanted adds, I went "Wow, so many new things today. Wait a minute, this one has 1k looks in 5min?"
Example from just now...

View attachment 1197792

View attachment 1197793

Since I don't buy or sell anymore, I guess it doesn't matter...
Yep, it's a thing.... a side effect of how the bumping works. But, if the ad has more than just one post to it, the first post still retains the original date, such as in your example... you can see that it says "Sept 5, 2018."

Yep, it's a thing.... a side effect of how the bumping works. But, if the ad has more than just one post to it, the first post still retains the original date, such as in your example... you can see that it says "Sept 5, 2018."
Yes.....I was sooo exited that there were so many new things to ponder, until I saw the "original date of post" when I opened it...just sayin it threw me for a second...

Back