When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to clean spokes ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Get a water heater drip pan...or a small wading pool (probably better). Remove your axle/bearings; wash your wheel down to remove dirt/grease. Pour in Evapo-rust (about two gallons; yeah, it's pricey, but you get to reuse it). Come back some hours later. Wash spokes down with a small brass brush or 0000 steel wool. It works. Even better - get new spokes. Cheaper than what I described., Prettier result. And lacing is easy once you get the simplistic hang of it.There's only one worthwhile youtube explanation of relacing that's any good. "Without all the bull###t. How to relace a 36 hole wheel.") Or a title that's close to that. A tabletop demo by a British-accented lady. Follow her simple instruction EXACTLY - the ONLY hard part, is getting your 10th spoke in the correct flange hole.

I am not really obsessed with polished spokes.I have a brass bush like a toothbrush and clean them up so they look good

Back